|“||Towards the end of the year, the plump and pleasant Yool schedules a relaxing sojourn on Cold Island. Its arrival is heralded by the jingle bells dangling from its antlers, and the booming resonance of its voice. Just being near a Yool produces feelings of peace and joy, so the other Monsters always try and convince it to stay the whole year round.||”|
Yool is a Seasonal Monster that celebrates the Festival of Yay season and is found on Cold Island. It was added on October 23rd, 2012 during Version 1.1.0. As a Seasonal Monster, it is only available at certain times. It is best obtained by breeding Thumpies and Congle. By default, its breeding time is 1 day and 12 hours long. Although Yool does not have good coin production when collecting once per day, when collecting multiple times it can rival other Monsters such as Ethereals or Quad-elements.
Yool can either be teleported to Seasonal Shanty once fed to level 15, or bred at any time with the combination of any two Aux. Seasonals (Gobbleygourd, Clavavera, Viveine, Jam Boree, Carillong, Whiz-bang, Monculus, Ffidyll, Spurrit). Yool has a decent coin production compared to other Monsters on Seasonal Shanty.
Voice actor: Dave Kerr (Cold and Gold Island), Eric De Val (Shanty)
Instrument: Jingle bells
VST: EastWest Hollywood Orchestral Percussion Diamond (Shanty), Unknown (Cold and Gold Island)
The Yool sings "Ho Ho Ho Ho" in a resonating baritone voice, as Santa Claus is supposed to do, and also shakes its head quickly to jingle the bells on its antlers.
Seasonal Shanty: The Yool can be bred with any combination of the following Monsters:
On September 12th, 2014 the breeding combination was changed. The old breeding combination for Yool (Deedge and Thumpies) was one of the combinations for Grumpyre; since they both had the same breeding time, it was impossible to distinguish the two monsters, as both of their speed-up times are 36 hours. The breeding combination change was made to eliminate this potential confusion.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Yool, like all Seasonals are only available during their own season, a weekend Out-of-Season event (6 months apart) and the Anniversary Month Celebration. It is also available to breed at any time on Seasonal Shanty.
- In Festival of Yay 2013, the breeding began on December 10th and ended on January 6th, 2014.
- For Vita players, breeding and purchase availability extends from December 1st to December 31st every year, based on the date set on the system.
- In Festival of Yay 2014, breeding began on December 3rd and ended on January 5th, 2015.
- In Festival of Yay 2015, breeding began on TBA data and ended on TBA date.
- For Festival of Yay 2016, breeding began on December 2nd and ended sometime in January.
- In 2017, an out of season promotion began 6/16/17. Both Yool and Rare Yool were available.
- For Festival of Yay 2017, breeding began on December 6th and ended on January 2nd (?).
- In June 2018, an out-of season event took place from 15 June to 18 June.
- In September 2018, an out of season promotion began, all seasonals were available including Yool and Rare Yool.
- For Festival of Yay 2018, breeding began on December 5th to January 2nd.
- In June 2019, an out-of season event took place from 14 June to 17 June.
- In November 2019, a Black Friday promotion took place for all seasonal monsters (but excluding Rare and Epic variants), from November 29th to December 2nd, 2019.
- For Festival of Yay 2019, breeding began on December 11th, 2019, and ended on January 6th, 2020
- During the Festival of Yay 2020, breeding began on December 9th 2020, and ended on January 4th, 2021
- In 2021, an out of season promotion began 6/18/21. Both Yool, Rare Yool and Epic Yool are available.
- During the Festival of Yay 2021, breeding began on December 8th 2021, and ended on December 31st, 2021
- In 2022, an out of season promotion began 6/16/22. Both Yool, Rare Yool and Epic Yool are available.
NOTE: Yool can only be bred or purchased during the available dates. Any Yools on Cold Island or The Colossingum that are obtained during that time will stay unless they are sold. However, Yool can be bought or bred on Seasonal Shanty at any time, though it is discounted when it is available on other islands. It is also obtainable via weekly Scratch Tickets on Cold Island.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Yool:
- Thumpies (requires level 9) ()
- Blabbit (level 9) ()
- Festival of Yay Path (level 15) ()
- Crumpler Tree (level 19)
- Piney Tree (level 13) ()
- Deedge (level 9) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Festival of Yay||50 (discounted)|
75 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|Yool is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Yool, see Monster Names.
- Yool's name is from the ancient pagan mid-winter festival, Yule, which was later absorbed into Christmas. Yule is short for Yuletide.
- Unlike most monsters, Yool only likes two decorations (on Cold Island), the Crumpler Tree and the Piney Tree. The same goes for the Shugabass.
- The Yool made an unofficial appearance in the Market during the Easter 2013 celebration, where it was available for purchase but without confirmation of successful breeding attempts. Officially, the Yool returned out of season with fanfare from April 30 until May 7, 2013 at noon ET. Confirmed to be available by breeding or purchase with diamonds (at an inflated price of 225).
- Being a Festival of Yay monster, the Yool has several Christmas themed names: Feliz, the Spanish word for "merry"; Frawst, a pun of "frost"; Groodolph, a pun on "Rudolph"; Kringle, and Kris, references to Kris Kringle, a name for Santa Claus; Mizzletoe, a pun on "mistletoe"; Nog, a reference to eggnog; Puddin, a reference to Christmas pudding; Reignur, a pun on "reindeer"; and Rudy, an abbreviation of "Rudolph".
- On December 2nd, 2015, the Yool was on sale for 75 and was for early access for 24 hours.
- On June 24, 2016, all Seasonal Monsters including Yool received an element. This addition of elements to Seasonal Monsters was not yet available in-game but was shown on a post My Singing Monsters put on social media. Each element design is based on the holiday the Seasonal Monsters are based of.
- So far, Yool has the second-highest breeding time amongst Seasonals, with the highest being Jam Boree.
- The word 'Yay' means 'a bow' or 'Sagittarius' in the Turkish language, possibly referring to the season's celebration time.
- It is also an interjection used dominantly in the English language that expresses excitement.
- Yool was the first Seasonal to be available on The Colossingum. It was also the first Seasonal to have an Epic form.
- Until Ffidyll was released and added the new verse, Yool used to play through the entire song on Seasonal Shanty. Previously, its contribution was very small in Cold/Gold Island, especially its jingle bell part.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element