|“||The Yelmut has fondness for a great many things. Topmost is its yodeling prowess, though its decorative headgear is a close second. Please don't call it a hat; it's a very touchy subject.||”|
|“||Having never taken it off, the adult Yelmut has grown into its ha-... I mean, decorative headgear, now weather-beaten and embellished with exotic designs. Its massive mouth carries its song far and wide... and with such intensity, its decorative headgear is in danger of being displaced!||”|
|“||This Yelmut returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! Having accepted the fact that its headgear will forever be mistaken for a hat, the now shaggy and grub-like Monster took advantage of the molecule-bending properties of the alien dimension and converted it into a stylish eggshell covering - extraordinary!||”|
As a baby, it is a tiny green monster with a red helmet. It has four tiny turtle-like legs and a big, black eye on each side of its body. Its decorative headgear somewhat resembles a skull, or a Tympa: it is candy-red, with two buck-teeth, nostril holes, and bulging eye slits on the side. It has two feathers on the back, one lavender, one nectarine.
As an adult, it becomes much taller, sporting a more cylindrical shape. Its body is now bi-segmented, with the bottom section exhibiting a bright shade of cyan, along with turtle-like fins instead of legs. The decorative headgear itself remains roughly the same, although with a more tattered and detailed look. The Monster-Handlers have described its texture as "gelatinous".
When the adult Yelmut is idle, it stays in tempo by repeatedly contracting and erecting itself.
Prismatic Yelmuts... [describe]
- Red: ...
- Orange: ...
- Yellow: ...
- Green: ...
- Blue: ...
- Purple: ...
Voice actor: Unknown
The Yelmut's song is a powerful vocal ensemble consisting of prolonged notes in a loose harmony. On the Continent, it sings "heyoo yay" multiple times.
On Cave Island, it sings "hoy, heeeeeeey, ya!" It sings similar to, and along with, the Glowl.
The Yelmut will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
The Yelmut is bred with a combination of Plant, Cold, Air and Fire. The only possible combinations are:
- + Sooza and Tweedle
- + Woolabee and Potbelly
- + Thumpies and Kayna
- + Barrb and Mammott
- + Furcorn and Glowl
- + Pango and Flowah
- + Dandidoo and Boskus
Yelmut can be teleported to Cave Island when fed to level 20 for a reward of 7 at a cost of 15,000. Teleport time for Yelmut is 40 hours.
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Yelmut is available for transformation on Outer Islands, an adult Yelmut can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
"Yelmut" appears to be a portmanteau of "yell", and the German name "helmut"; a word that derives from the Germanic elements helm (meaning "helmet", "protection").
- It is the second monster, after the Repatillo, to be mentioned on social media and having a naming competition.
- The eleven nicknames given to the Yelmut from the community contest are Yamookah, Natiku, Kanaloa, Tsukasha, Lono, Nahoa, Biiki, Xibalba, Slimeba, Dalagmite, and Escargoon. Originally, only ten names were meant to be chosen, but as there was a tie for tenth place, the Monster-Handlers decided to use eleven instead. The results are here.
- The name "Escargoon" is a reference to the character of the same name, from the TV show Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
- The Yelmut is said to be the only monster who knows that the red goop on the Goo Tree tastes like tomato soup.
- The Yelmut's bio erroneously refers its singing as "yodeling", despite the fact that "yodeling" is, specifically, "a form of singing or calling marked by rapid alternation between the normal voice and falsetto". At best, the Yelmut slowly alternates between vocal ranges.
- The adult Yelmut was the first adult Quad-Element monster to take up 2 x 2 blocks of space instead of 3 x 3. Krillby, Edamimi, Incisaur, and Pladdie also do this.
- The baby Yelmut is the third smallest monster (in terms of physical size), with the second being baby Maw, and the absolute smallest being the baby Furcorn.
- Though the Yelmut's egg seems to look more like its adult form, the feathers remain unpainted.
- Yelmut is one of four monsters to wear masks, the other three being Boodoo, Poewk, and Floot Fly. Yelmut is the only of the four to sing, and the only one currently in My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
- Since the release of the Barrb and the Pango at Version 1.6.0, it makes the Yelmut the only Quad-Element Dawn of Fire monster to have all seven different combinations to breed such monster.
- A GIF of Yelmut with its mouth open has become a minor meme on Imgflip, as seen above. This was also announced by My Singing Monsters on Twitter.
- Its decorative headgear changes appearance when its in its adult form, but its size remains the same. This is why more of its head is revealed as an adult.
- Baby Yelmut is currently the smallest quad, additionally it is the smallest monster that is currently only available in the prequel game (excluding Prismatics)
- Yelmut is the only non-Prismatic monster in the prequel game to wear a hat.
- In the code, it is called "Fireyodel" even though Yelmut doesn't yodel.
- Yelmut's song resembles Enchantling's.
- Both Yelmut and Enchantling are Quad Element Monsters that wear some kind of headdress and have a large mouth.
- There was a bug where Blue Prismatic Yelmut's hair on its back were grey. This was later fixed.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|