|“||The Yawstrich is a highly specialized Monster that can only inhabit the lofty perches of Air Island. Sporting four wings and one solitary leg, it has an innate mastery of balance. Despite these unique traits, the Yawstrich is most easily recognized by the shrill and unmistakable call it makes to announce its presence and communicate with other Monsters.||”|
|— Monster Biography|
The Yawstrich is a four-winged bird-like Monster with one leg and spiky hair. Its body is bright pink-red with small orange spikes, its wings and head are pink, and its vulture-like neck with an adam's apple and leg are orange. When this Monster is idle, it stays in tempo by dancing and hopping.
Voice actor: David "Dave" Kerr
The Yawstrich's sound is "Leeeeeee lolol lie lol lol leeeeeeee Lololeeeeeee lolaaaaaaiii lol lol leeeeeeeeeeeee Lolol".
The breeding combination is:
The Rare version of any breeding monster can be used instead of the common version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Yawstrich:
- Scups (requires level 7)
- Mountain Morsel (level 10)
- Wubbox Stockpile (level 20)
- Jarhead (level 21) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Yawstrich is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The Yawstrich's name is a portmanteau of "yawp" (a harsh cry) and "ostrich," a large, flightless bird.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Yawstrich, see Monster Names.
- Yawstrich was released alongside the G'joob as Mythical Monsters on August 12, 2014, as exclusive content in the PlayStation Vita platform version of My Singing Monsters.
- Big Blue Bubble signed a contract with Sony only permitting Yawstrich to be on the PS Vita exclusive edition of the game. However as of the 4th of September 2019 (in the 7th anniversary update), it became available across all devices.
- Yawstrich is very similar in sound, name and appearance to Screemu, since both are based on ratites.
- The Yawstrich has 1 foot, similar to the Candelavra, Rare Nebulob, and Baby Blasoom.
- The Yawstrich is the only monster besides Dipsters on Air Island to have a 1 x 1 space.
- The Yawstrich cannot be placed on Gold Island at Level 15+ nor can be teleported anywhere.
- The Yawstrich was made significantly louder is version 3.2.0, however the second half of its song was cut off. This was fixed on June 25th, 2021.
- PS Vita exclusives to remain exclusive, Big Blue Bubble - Extra Life 2018 - Part 1 video @ 3h53m
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element