|“||Are you thinking what we're thinking? Chances are the Xyster is thinking it too - its elaborate antlers attract and retain nearby thoughts for the Magical Monster to examine at its leisure. It bears a striking resemblance to another occupant of the Pocket Dimension, and might be the descendant of ancient transplants from a neighboring isle. Recent discoveries in the Monster World may have identified the 'missing link' in its evolution... speaking of links, the Xyster absolutely loves to swat at and coddle its caudal vertebrae to produce mind-bending melodies for all to enjoy.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Xyster is a double-element Magical Monster exclusive to Magical Sanctum. It was added on April 7th, 2021 during Version 3.1.0. It is best obtained by breeding Clackula and Theremind. By default, its breeding time is 20 hours hours long. As a Double Elemental, Xyster does not have a high shard production.
VST: EastWest Silk
The Xyster taps its segmented tail to play a sound similar to the guzheng, the Chinese zither.
Attempting to breed a double-element Magical Monster cannot guarantee the desired monster. Occasionally, its parents may be the result instead.
Xyster can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a Xyster in a breeding failure include:
- + Xyster and Enchantling
(Good choice, very small chance of getting Enchantling)
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Xyster:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Xyster is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Xyster, see Monster Names
- Xyster's name may come from the real world object of the same name, an instrument used for scraping bones.
- Xyster was first teased on the Eggs-Travaganza 2021 loading screen.
- However, On the Steam version of My Singing Monsters, the Xyster teaser was changed to a Rare Jeeode, as that version would remain at Version 3.0.1 at the time of Magical Sanctum's release.
- Xyster is the first Monster whose name begins with an X.
- Xyster winks after the game finishes loading on version 3.1.0.
- According to Episode 5 of Fandemonium, Xyster has two acceptable pronunciations (one rhyming with "Easter" [which would make a lot of sense] and one rhyming with "sister" [which also makes sense]).
- Xyster is related to to the Single Element Ethereal, Ghazt. Part of a family group known as the 'Ghazkin'.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element