|“||Even though it may look like the Whisp doesn't get out too often, nothing could be further from the truth. It loves to swoop, glide and careen through the phantasmagorical terrain of Ethereal Island, entertaining other monsters with its mellifluous voice and charming conversational skills. Whisps don't cast reflections in mirrors, which makes it difficult to preen their stylish hairdos.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Whisp is a double-element Ethereal Monster exclusive to Ethereal Island. It was added on September 4th, 2013 during Version 1.2.0. It is best obtained by breeding Ghazt and Grumpyre. By default, its breeding time is 1 day and 18 hours long. As a double-element Ethereal, Whisp does not have a high shard production.
Voice actress: Unknown
The Whisp monster's contribution to the Island's song comes after each time the Grumpyre sings. It is a slow, but consistent, "Oh-way-oh-way... oh-way-ohh... oh-way-oh... ohh".
The Whisp can be bred using a combination of two pure element Ethereal Monsters. The combination is:
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Whisp:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
Used in Breeding
|Whisp is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Whisp, see Monster Names.
- Whisp's name may come from Will-o'-the-wisp (or simply Will o'wisp), fantasmagoric lights that appear in marshes or swamps. "Whisp" is an archaic spelling of "wisp", simply meaning something very thin. Furthermore, the Whisp sings in a whisper, as with its name.
- Whisp is the second monster to have hair covering at least one of its eyes. The first is Riff.
- It is also the only Ethereal monster to have hair covering one of its eyes.
- Whisp is the first Ethereal monster to have a costume, along with Reebro, who also received a Spooktacle costume in 2015. It is currently the only Double Element Ethereal to have a costume.
- Whisp was the last Ethereal to get a Rare version.
- The Whisp's dress like body seems to be made of lace, as seen from the bottom part of the dress.
- The Whisp may or may not have legs, As seen in the bio for its Rare version.
- The Whisp has a striking resemblance to Withur, it is unknown if they share a familial connection like the Pomily.
- In the game "Jammer Splash", Whisp is referred to as she/her in its Avatar description.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element