|“||Even though it may look like the Whisp doesn't get out too often, nothing could be further from the truth. It loves to swoop, glide and careen through the phantasmagorical terrain of Ethereal Island, entertaining other monsters with its mellifluous voice and charming conversational skills. Whisps don't cast reflections in mirrors, which makes it difficult to preen their stylish hairdos.||”|
The Whisp is an aqua ghost-like monster that resembles a girl. It has long blue and purple locks of hair which covers one of its eyes. It has teeth on the lower jaw. It does not have arms or legs, which contrasts to its Rare counterpart. The bottom part of the body is purple and black and it resembles a dress.
The hair of a Whisp is usually very messy because, as stated by the game, they are unable to cast reflections while looking in a mirror.
When this monster is idle, it smiles constantly while gracefully swaying side to side with its hair gently waving.
Voice actress: Unknown
The Whisp monster's contribution to the Island's song comes after each time the Grumpyre sings. It is a slow, but consistent, "Oh-way-oh-way... oh-way-ohh... oh-way-oh... ohh".
The Whisp can be bred using a combination of two pure element Ethereal Monsters. The combination is:
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Whisp:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Whisp is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Whisp is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "Whisp" may come from Will-o'-the-wisp (or simply Will o'wisp), fantasmagoric lights that appear in marshes or swamps. "Whisp" is an archaic spelling of "wisp", simply meaning something very thin. Furthermore, the Whisp sings in a whisper, as with its name.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Whisp, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
In Spooktacle 2015, the Whisp dressed up as a black cat. This outfit was repeated for the 2016, 2018, and 2019 seasons.
- Whisp is the second monster to have hair covering at least one of its eyes. The first is Riff, the third is Rooba, and the fourth is Fluoress.
- It is also the first Ethereal monster to have hair covering one of its eyes.
- Whisp is the first ( and currently only ) Ethereal monster to have a costume. However, Reebro received a Halloween costume in 2015.
- Whisp was the last Ethereal to get a Rare version.
- The Whisp's dress like body seems to be made of lace, as seen from the bottom part of the dress.
- The Whisp May or may not have legs, As seen in the bio for its Rare version.
- The Whisp has a striking resemblance to Withur, it is unknown if they share a familial connection like the Pomily (PomPom, Sooza, Hoola, and Rooba.)
- In the game "Jammer Splash", Whisp is referred to as she/her in its Avatar description.
- Whisp has the ability to levitate or fly, similar to Tweedle, Cybop, Riff, Glowl (from trailers), Quibble (from trailers), Theremind, Poppette, Yuggler, Floot Fly, Squot (technically Squot can levitate, but further examination is needed.), Clavi Gnat, Withur, Fiddlement, Grumpyre, Ghazt, Jeeode, Humbug, Jellbilly, Déjà-Jin, Osstax, Cahoot, Flum Ox, and Plixie.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element