|“||One part triangle player, one part dinner bell, roly-poly Tring has no small part to play in the Monster Chorus! Despite having nothing more than dainty feet upon which to balance its sizable girth and a rather large cache of crystals on its back, this poised percussionist remains defiantly upright in the face of strong winds, and occasional inner ear problems.||”|
|“||Neither 'lithesome' nor 'delicate' are words commonly associated with Tring. Yet, for all its robust musculature and imposing demeanor, Tring is nonetheless a pliant and gentle creature. Though thick-fingered, its fine motor skills are exceptional - as evidenced by its nuanced performance by its nose ring - and it deftly elicits notes as bright and complex as Tring itself.||”|
Tring is a humanoid Monster that was released in the Version 1.9.0 update for Dawn of Fire.
As a baby, it is a Minotaur-like Monster with a musical triangle as a nose horn, similar to those shown to be worn by bulls. Its body is red with gray stripes. It has many crystals on its body, their colors ranging from red to purple. As a child, it is able to stand on two legs, despite the heavy crystals.
As an adult, it grows much larger. The crystals around its back, on its head, and around the middles of its arms have grown as well. Because of this, its adult posture has changed so that it uses its hands and feet in a four-legged position, though one of the two hands is used for playing music. Its head seems to stay relatively the same size as its baby form.
It makes a triangle sound by flicking the triangle on its nose. On Space Island, it plays during the part where the Furcorn, Potbelly or the Candelavra sings. This audio is also the full song for Tring.
The Tring is bred with a combination of Plant, Earth, Air and Fire. The possible combinations are:
- + Noggin and Barrb
- + Potbelly and Floogull
- + Tweedle and Repatillo
- + Stogg and Dandidoo
- + Shrubb and Glowl
- + Reedling and Kayna
- + Cybop and Flowah
The Tring will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Tring can be teleported to Space Island when fed to level 10 for a reward of 4 at a cost of 4,000 . Teleport time for Tring is 40 hours.
"Tring" comes from a combination of the words "triangle", as in the instrument, "ding", as in the sound it makes, and "ring", also onomatopoeia for the sound it makes and referring to a nose ring, which the Tring's triangle resembles. It could also contain "Taurus", from the monster's appearance of a bull.
- The Tring was the first quad-element monster to be added to Space Island.
- The Young Tring's open mouth is not seen in-game but it can be found in the files.
- Candelavra was originally going to have Air, Plant, Earth, and Fire elements until The Candelavra became the quint element thus Tring takes the 4 elements.
- Tring is rather infamous among fans for its incredibly small sound. Both it’s Baby and Adult Bios seemingly make fun of this, as it says that “ Tring has no small part to play in the Monster Chorus! “ and “ It deftly elicits notes as bright and complex as Tring itself. “.
- Interestingly, its adult form turns into a quadruped. Considering the bigger rocks on its back have grown larger, it has a reason.
- There is a glitch where muting an adult Tring on Space Island will cause the song to skip forward, but it only works when a certain quantity of monsters are on the island.
- Baby Trings like riding on adult Trings
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|