|“||Had it not been for seismic serendipity unearthing it from its hiding place, the existence of the Colossingum might have remained a secret forever. Estimated to date back to the waning years of the Dawn of Fire, the provenance of its magnificent architecture is regarded to be the first-recorded instance of a Colossal spirit imbuing its life-force into an island. Evidence suggests that this was the site of rigorous musical training and friendly choral competition. Today, monsters are establishing a restored presence on the Colossingum, to resume their musical empowerment and to discover the secrets held within its ancient brickwork.||”|
|— In-game description|
The Colossingum is a unique new Island where Monsters can train and compete in thrilling musical battles to win Monsterrific rewards. Teleport a selection of Level 5+ Monsters from the Natural Islands to the Colossingum, send them to the Conservatory for training, and sign them up for challenging Colossingum Quests to win big! More Monsters and a new Versus (PvP) mode coming soon. It is quite like Composer Island.
Currently only Common Natural Monsters can teleport to and battle in The Colossingum.
The Colossingum has its own levels, that requires its own Battle Experience ().
- Mess Hall - Works much like Hotels, and acts similar to Castles in that you can tap and mute or alter the background track. There are currently twelve different background tracks to choose from that become unlocked as the Colossingum level increases.
- Conservatory - Train your monsters and make them stronger.
- Main article: Battle
- This is the first island since Fire Oasis not to have the word "Island" in its name. It is also the first island since Composer Island to not include an element in its name.
- It is the only Island with a Nursery to not have a Breeding Structure.
- Initially, the Nursery could not be upgraded. This has since been changed.
- The Battle Theme is actually the pre-1.1.7 Loading and Market theme.
- The Colossingum came out in September 3, 2020 during anniversary month in the 3.0.0 update.
- Its description points out that its existence comes from the Dawn of Fire, but nothing like it has been seen until today in the game. Besides, it is not possible to send fire monsters to the Colossingum
- The song in the Colossingum is the loading song from the title screen, however, you can mute the song if you tap “mute” your Mess Hall. This affects not only your island, but your friend's islands when you view them.
- As of 3.0.1, it is possible to move the structures on the Colossingum without having to tap and hold them.
- This is the first island since Celestial Island where the Fire element is absent.
- The Starshop can be accessed through the mailbox during sales and promotions and when decorations are bought they stay on the island and give you 15,000 BXP each.
- When starting the 2nd stage of BUM-ble Beginnings, they will always admit defeat. This was never changed.
- The Colossingum's hieroglyphics - Main Article: Monstroglyphics - have told some history behind it and possibly the reason for the end of the Dawn of Fire.
- The first one states that that 2 colossals (possibly it and Tribal Island) had a disagreement on how to disrupt the monster's peace and stability, which may mean that the colossals had staged an event at the end of the Fire age for an unknown reason that resulted in the age ending and them becoming islands.
- The second and third ones give some history behind the Colossingum, saying its colossal felt individual training, conducted in a special environment and honing each monster's skills, was the answer. It found an abandoned landmass and imbued its lifeforce to it to make the Colossingum. This was a timely decision though, as it wasn't long before the Dawn of Fire age ended.
- The fourth and final one states the other colossus instead used its lifeforce to make a island with a amber centerpiece and focusing in harmony. This is probably Tribal Island, as it focuses on harmony (tribes) and has an amber centerpiece in the middle housing the Kayna.
- This is the first Island without a unique song.
- Technically, it would be Composer Island, but you can make notes for the monsters to sing, whereas here you can't make notes for monsters nor do they have any themselves.