|“||Looks can be decieving... And so can the Spytrap. This botanical beast grows in the dark and does its darndest to go completely unnoticed by the surrounding fauna. But once an unsuspecting creature scuttles too close, SNAP - It is suddenly ensnared! And what better to do when encased in the acoustic wonderland of a Spytrap yap than to bang out a banger? In exchange for its ward's kind company and musical talent, the host monster happily supplies a steady drip of some of the sweetest sap ever sampled.||”|
Spytrap is a plantlike monster. It has dull-red wood and a gray transparent bulb. Inside the bulb supposedly is the spy, which is a four-armed furry spider-like creature with 7 glowing green eyes and 2 legs. It is unknown what the spy looks like from outside the bulb.
Instrument: Taiko Drums
Spytrap's contribution of the island's song is when it taps the inside of the ball to make the Taiko drums similar to Hawlo on Bone Island, Drummidary in Dawn of Fire and Rare Pummel in Composer. It sounds more like the Dragon Dance Ensemble than the drums itself.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (ter has a increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Spytrap:
- Potbelly (requires level 9)
- Squeed Statue (level 16)
- Inverdigus Fern (level 25)
- Castanevine (level 18) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Spytrap is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Spytrap is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Spytrap's name may be based on the words "spy" (the eyes of the Monster inside resemble night vision glasses) and "trap" (its bio says that the big Monster trapped the other one). It may also be intended to sound like "fly trap."
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Spytrap, see Monster Names.
- The Spytrap's Memory Game sound is very similar to Poppette's.
- There was a glitch where Spytrap’s name was MONSTER_BEW and the Description was MONSTER_BEW_DESC
- (MONSTER_BEW is the codename for Spytrap)
- Spytrap was previously teased in the Light Island Login screen. It could be found at the bottom of the screen.
- Spytrap's name "Oddrey" could possibly be a reference to Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors
- Spytrap could possibly be based on the symbiosis between the Roridula gorgonias (a protocarnivorous plant) and the Pameridea roridulae (a bug). Roridula gorgonias is not considered a full carnivorous because it lacks the enzymes that digests the trapped insects. This is where Pameridea roridulae enters the game. It's the bug that consumes the trapped insects and the plant gets nutrient from its droppings instead.
- However, it's unknown if it uses sounds to lure prey and how the Spytrap captures its prey.
- Spytrap was released on October 14, 2020
- Up until Bulbo's release, Spytrap was the only triple element monster with two breeding combos.
- When the Spytrap first released, it's breeding icon, monster book icon and fankit image had the creature inside of it have two arms instead of four. This is implying that this is what it's design originally was. It also had some other minor differences such as the stem having less detail, and the bulb only being one layer, though these weren't in the fankit image. The breeding icon, monster book icon and fankit image was fixed a few days later.
- As shown by Fiddlement’s teaser, Spytrap represents the color pink.
- Spytrap uses similar beats to Poppette, just extra notes between.
- Spytrap was the first Light element monster, as well as the first monster on Light Island, to only have one track. The second was Bulbo.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element