|“||Timid in the light, Dipsters make their homes underground. The muffled monster music from above gives Dipsters the courage to rise and join the harmonious melody! ... although it may only be one note at a time. Dipsters are resourceful creatures, and collect natural materials to disguise the entrances to their tunnels. No one knows how far down a Dipster hole goes.||”|
Sol is the fifth of seven Dipsters that can be unlocked. Its body is golden with slightly darker golden spots and has dirt, with green leaves and an orange flower growing from it, on its head.
Sol will typically sing "dip" in sol, the dominant, also known as the fifth degree of the scale. It will sing the following note in each of the Natural Islands:
- Plant Island - G
- Cold Island - G#
- Air Island - D
- Water Island - F#
- Earth Island - G
- 1 on Plant Island
- 2 on Cold Island
- 3 on Air Island, Fire Haven, and Fire Oasis
- 4 on Water Island
- 5 on Earth Island
- 7 on Ethereal Island
The Mirror Island prices correspond with their main island prices. For example, purchasing Sol on Mirror Plant Island will cost 1 .
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Sol:
- Smunkin Patch (requires level 11)
- Travelers' Sign (level 7)
- Dragon Tower (level 20)
- Razzli Tree (level 12) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Sol is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- Plant Island, Cold Island, Air Island, Water Island, Earth Island, Fire Haven, Fire Oasis, Ethereal Island
"Sol" refers to the fifth note of a scale, as the Sol typically sings at.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Sol, see Monster Names.
- The fact that it is golden-yellow in color is probably because "sol", as one meaning as the fifth note of a scale, also means "sun" in Latin.
- It's the only Dipster with three letters in it's name.
- So far, Sol has been the only Dipster to get its own Hole In One promotion, a promotion where Dipsters are discounted to 1 Key on all Islands, without the other Dipsters. The promotion happened the week of Epic Spunge’s release.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element