|“||Even more so than its mandolin-toting cousin, the Shugavox loves to wail out a wild tune in the company of its monster brethren. It and the Shugabush enjoy a friendly rivalry for pretty much everything, including their tastes in phay-door-uhs. To make itself stand out more, the Shugavox regularly mists itself with essence of Deedge earwax to color itself blue.||”|
The Shugavox is a navy blue humanoid monster with a bushy body. It wears a black hat with a purple feather. It also wears a blue and white polka dot scarf. Its beard is light blue. As revealed in a "Stuff of Legend" promotion in which it was on sale, this Monster is bald under its hat.
A member of the Shugafam, the Shugavox is from the Legendary class of monsters, indicating that it has a notably strong connection with the humanverse and shares a bond with the Grammy Award-winning artist Kristian Bush of Sugarland.
When this monster is idle, it sort of walks on the spot, including swinging its arms.
Voice actor: Kristian Bush
This monster's song is vocalizing a variation of "Love or Money" by Kristian Bush.
Even if it vocalizes, it sounds like it's saying "Went around a roundabout that day...La, La, La. Zipping up and down that day....Brbrbrbr ba ha. Shoobee, dooo-ooo...Na na na nah. Shoobee,dooo-ooo...Na na na nah. Shoobee,dooo-ooo...Na na na na na nah. Shoobee, dooo-ooo...Na na na nah"
The Shugavox is only available for purchase or breeding on Shugabush Island. The breeding combination is:
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Shugavox:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Shugavox is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "Shugavox" is a portmanteau of the band Sugarland and "vox", the Latin word for voice; it is also the only member of the Shugafam to sing on Shugabush Island.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Shugavox, see Monster Names.
- Shugavox is part of a whole new family of monsters, the Shugafam, native to the Shugabush Island. This information was discovered via an in-game loading screen, before the island was officially revealed.
- On December 9th, 2013, Big Blue Bubble tweeted: "A certain Special Edition monster is arriving on Cold Island very soon… but what else is coming? Find out this week!"
- The breeding combination of the Shugavox can pretty much be assumed by reading its bio. This is because the Shugavox's description says it uses Deedge earwax to color itself blue.
- This monster's song is very similar to part of the tune of the band Sugarland's song, Love or Money.
- Shugavox is the only member of the Shugafam to not play an instrument.
- It is classified as the "hardest Shugafam member to get" because you need the Deedge to get it without paying diamonds.
- Shugavox and Shugabush are the only monsters part of the Shugafam that sing.
- However, Shugavox is the only Shugafam monster that sings on Shugabush Island.
- Its lyrics "Shoobee doo" are an example of scat singing, and don't have anything to do with a certain cartoon dog.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element