|“||The perfectionist of the Shugafam, this fastidious fellow values precision and detail above all else. It follows that the Shugajo is the namesake of an instrument that requires a finely-honed technique. The secret to its success? Soothing daily mudbaths, which keep the mind clear and the limbs limber (and tinted a rich, chocolatey brown).||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Shugajo is a member of the Legendary Shugafam class of Monsters, and is exclusive to Shugabush Island. It was added on December 10th, 2013 during Version 1.2.4. It is best obtained by breeding Shugabush and Oaktopus. By default, its incubation time is 1 day and 11 hours long. Despite being an elusive Legendary Monster, Shugajo does not have a high coin production.
This monster's contribution to an island's song is playing its banjo in rhythm with Shugabush.
The Shugajo is only available for purchase or breeding on Shugabush Island.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Shugajo:
- Quibble (requires level 7)
- Fuzzle Tree (level 13)
- Dragon Tower (level 20)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Shugajo, see Monster Names.
- The name "Shugajo" is a portmanteau of the band Sugarland and a Banjo.
- Shugajo is part of a whole new family of monsters, the Shugafam, native to the Shugabush Island. This information was discovered via an in-game loading screen before the island was officially revealed.
- On December 9th, 2013, Big Blue Bubble tweeted: "A certain Special Edition monster is arriving on Cold Island very soon… but what else is coming? Find out this week!"
- The Shugajo and the Shugarock are the only members in the Shugafam to have visible ears.
- Shugajo’s hat resembles that of Abraham Lincoln’s.
- Shugajo wears the same hat as Epic Punkleton.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element