- This article is about the monster, for other uses, see Shugabush (Disambiguation)
|“||Despite originating from a warm climate, the kindly Shugabush is unusually furry. Its penchant for sweet treats is legendary, second only to its skill as a performer. The felt hat that adorns its head, which it has been overheard calling a phay-door-uh, is one of its prized possessions, alongside its trusty mandolin, of course. The Shugabush revels in jamming along with other monsters and is a true embodiment of the spirit of collaboration.||”|
The Shugabush is a green humanoid monster with a bushy body. It resembles Kristian Bush. It sports a fedora and plays a mandolin reminiscent of the kind used in the humanverse. The Shugabush has brown wooden limbs and those limbs could be reminiscent of a sugar maple. It has a hat with stitches and a yellow flower sticking out.
A member of the Shugafam, the Shugabush is from the Legendary class of monsters, indicating that it has a notably strong connection with the humanverse and shares a bond with the Grammy Award-winning artist Kristian Bush of Sugarland.
When this monster is idle, it tilts left and right while holding its mandolin and taps its right foot to the beat.
Voice actor: Kristian Bush
This monster's contribution to an island's song is playing its mandolin and occasionally vocalizing "yeah, yeah, yeah" if the mood strikes it.
On the Shugabush Island, the Shugabush does not vocalize, leaving that to the Shugavox instead.
In the Memory game, The Shugabush only vocalizes.
The Shugabush becomes available for breeding, or purchase in the Market, at Level 9.
The breeding combination was shared at kristianbush.com/news/166583
Unfortunately, there is no known statistics for how likely it is to breed a Shugabush.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Shugabush:
- Furcorn (requires level 9)
- Inverdigus Sprig (level 8) ()
- Tree Hut (level 17)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18)
- Razzli Tree (level 12) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.Mystery Like () of Shugabush varies by Island:
Used in Breeding
|Shugabush is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Shugabush is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "Shugabush" is a portmanteau of the band Sugarland and its vocalist Kristian Bush, who became a fan of the game after watching his son play. Bush got in touch with the developers to collaborate on a new character and provided the vocals and mandolin part for the Shugabush. Also, a "sugar bush" is a stand of sugar maple trees which are tapped for sap to make maple syrup and/or maple sugar, and thus gives a reason why in some languages the monster is translated as "Sweet bush".
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Shugabush, see Monster Names.
- Shugabush was the first legendary monster coded into the game, as announced in social media by BBB
- With the 2013 Anniversary update, Shugabush can now be fed up to level 15, instead of up to Level 10. As of Oct 3, 2013, Shugabush living on Plant Island can be placed on the Gold Island. Previously, attempting to do so displayed the following message: "This Legendary monster can't be placed on Gold Island, because of conflicts in dimensional magic. It's pretty sophisticated stuff." A news update from BBB declared, "The Conflicts in dimensional magic have been resolved! You can now place a Level 15 Shugabush on the Gold Island." Shugabush living on Shugabush Island still can't be placed on Gold Island, regardless of their level.
- The Shugabush has the highest rate of income per bed in the game, excluding seasonal monsters.
- Shugabush, so far, is the only monster based off of a real person, and arguably the biggest link between the human and monster world.
- Shugabush is now the host of a whole new family of monsters, complete with a namesake island, Shugabush Island. This information was discovered via an in-game loading screen, before the island was officially revealed.
- One of the default names for the Shugabush is "Pilgrim". This is because Kristian Bush started his career in an American folk rock duo called "Billy Pilgrim". Later, Bush joined the band Sugarland in 2002.
- A Shugabush and 1 natural monster are needed for breeding for on Shugabush Island.
- Shugabush is the first of two monsters in the game to resemble a real person, the second being G’joob (who resembles Wilford Brimley).
- Shugabush's description says "Its penchant for sweet treats is legendary", referencing the band Sugarland; Shugabush is based off of the band's lead singer.
- It is possible to have more than 1 Shugabush at the same time. That's because Shugabush is a monster species.
- For some reason, when a player posts the achievement of hatching a Shugabush, it shows a Shugabass's photo instead of a Shugabush's photo.
- Shugabush was the first monster to like a path.
- The Shugabush is one of the few monsters to both sing and play an instrument, along with Congle, Yool, Peckidna, Fluoress, Attmoz, and Glaishur.
- Shugabush and Shugabuzz both start with the same 7 letters, which is the most in the game.
- Shugabush is the only monster on Gold Island without a Rare counterpart
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element