|“||The willowy Shrubb performs continually in a graceful ballet. This statuesque monster has astounding stamina, ensuring a steady source of modulation and sprayed saliva for the entire island chorus.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Shrubb is a double-element Monster that is first unlocked on Plant Island. It is best obtained by breeding Potbelly and Noggin. By default, its breeding time is 8 hours long. As a Double Elemental, Shrubb does not have a high coin production.
Voice actor: Erick Desjardins
The Shrubb's contribution to an Island's song is a percussive rhythm, produced by beatboxing and buzzing its lips together.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Shrubb:
- Bowgart (requires level 9) ()
- Reedling (level 9) (, , )
- Fire Bush (level 5)
- Saggle Tree (level 8)
- Razzli Tree (level 12) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Weekly Quest||20 (discounted)|
30 (full price)
|Always available||25,000 (discounted)|
37,500 (full price)
|Limited time||15 (discounted) |
22 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|Shrubb is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Shrubb eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Shrubb eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Shrubb, see Monster Names.
Shrubb's possible nicknames mostly come from the names of singers.
- Bëets - Beats, and beets
- Bushy - Bush
- Chorine - An old word for choir girl
- Creak - It is assumed that Shrubb's wooden limbs are creaky
- Emerson - Emerson Kennedy
- Gaillard - Slim Gaillard
- Gazella - Aha Gazelle
- Iggy - Iggy Azalea
- Ludmilla - Ludmilla Oliveira de Silva
- Pepper - Sandra Jacqueline Denton
- Raff - Horst Christian Simco, and possibly Rafflesia, a flower
- Rahz - Raz Simone
- Tanga - Unknown
- Vito - Blizz Vito, and possibly vito, meaning life
- Willow - Willow Smith, and possibly willow tree
- Shrubb’s name is from the word "Shrub", with two B's as in beatboxer. "Shrubb" was also the name of a "Thing" from Fling a Thing!.
- Shrubb has the lowest maximum income out of any Double Element Monsters
- Shrubb is the only two-element natural monster with Plant to not sing. However, it is classified as an acapella monster because beatboxing is not an instrument.
- The Shrubb's idle animation is the same as its first track singing animation on Plant Island.
- The Shrubb's legs aren't really bent. It's actually crouching, and you can see it standing upright in a few Twitter posts and on Fire Haven, along with the trailer for SummerSong 2020.
- A group of Shrubbs is called an 'attitude'. (MSM Live 2019/01/11)
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element