|“||Shellbeats are naturally shy and like to keep hidden away in their shells. When they are woken up by their neighbors' loud singing they tend to loosen up, come out of their shell, and play along as best they can with their aquatic drum set. Shellbeats have gotten pretty good at playing lately.||”|
The Shellbeat is a purple humanoid creature (resembling a cthulu or cuttlefish) with a snail-like shell on its back. Its tail looks like a squid's tentacle: long, with a pad of suckers on its end. Instead of visible ears, it has small fins. It sits on a light-cyan stool in front of a drum kit consisting of a snare drum and two sets of cymbals, which it plays almost continually. It also hits its shell with its tail, using its shell as a bass drum.
This monster is rarely idle, but when it is, it sways back and forth a bit, and keeps the rhythm by stepping lightly with alternating feet.
Instrument: Acoustic drum kit
The Shellbeat's contribution to an island's song is a collection of mid-to-high pitch percussion sounds. In addition to its drumset and cymbals, the Shellbeat also uses its own shell as a drum. It plays on the drumset using the sticks in its hand while playing its shell with its tail. Its shell plays the role of producing the bass drum of a drumset.
The following pairs of 2-element monsters can be used to breed a Shellbeat:
However, the combination of a 3-element with 1-element monster has a higher rate of success:
- Of these, Spunge+Noggin is the best combination, as it has the lowest average breeding times in case of breeding failure.
There is also a small chance of producing a Shellbeat from a failed breeding attempt, using a Shellbeat and a non-Single Element Monster.
Like all Quad Element Monsters, Shellbeats are hard to breed and these combinations may result in a parent monster as offspring instead. However, if you are fortunate enough to already possess both a Shellbeat and a Rare Shellbeat, the two can be bred together to create another Shellbeat with a 100% success rate.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Shellbeat:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Shellbeat is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Shellbeat eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5||Wublin 6||Wublin 7||Wublin 8|
|5 eggs||5 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||1 egg||3 eggs||2 eggs||1 egg|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Shellbeat eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Shellbeat eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3|
|3 eggs||2 eggs||1 egg|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Shellbeat eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Shellbeat is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names that the game may initially give Shellbeat, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
|Always available||50,000 (discounted)|
75,000 (full price)
|Always available||35 (discounted)|
52 (full price)
Cooler Head Prevails
|Weekly Quest||30 (discounted)|
45 (full price)
- The Shellbeat looks similar to H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu.
- One of the automatic names a Shellbeat can have is "Thulhu"
- This name is shared by the Nebulob.
- It also somewhat resembles Doctor Zoidberg, from the animated TV show Futurama.
- One of the automatic names a Shellbeat can have is "Floydberg", while the name "Whynaught" references the "Why not Zoidberg?" meme that came from the show.
- The Shellbeat also looks similar to a sea snail.
- The Shellbeat consists of an unpredictable mixture of a sea snail, an octopus, a salamander, and perhaps a seahorse due to its fin-like ears.
- It plays for the entire Water Island song.
- A group of Shellbeats is called an Inkling.
- Shellbeat's central drum is marked with a symbol that represents the Bone element, nearly identically to the one seen on the Wubbox Stockpile.
- An early concept of a monster in the game's files known as "PongPing" would have used Shellbeat's elements. the reason why it was cut is unknown.
- Shellbeat is the most needed monster to wake up Wublins.
- According to a tweet by the Monster-Handlers, Shellbeat uses a process called 'Tidalkenesis' to emit energy through the fins on its head, allowing it to move its kit where it needs it to be. However, it cannot do the same with other objects.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element