|“||Have you ever wondered what the Seasonals get up to outside of their Events... let's face it, who hasn't?! It's true that Monsters like Yool and Schmoochle are mostly migratory, but when they're looking to kick back and relax, they head to the Seasonal Shanty! A wooden structure stuffed to the rafters with seasonal trimmings, and floating serenely along the surface of the living ocean, it's only the Seasonals who know how to find it. The Shanty's one permanent resident, the jovial Jam Boree, safely monitors the comings and goings of its fellow monsters and gets super excited around Anniversary Month, when all Seasonals drop by for a visit!||”|
|— Island Biography|
Seasonal Shanty is an Island with only Seasonal Monsters.
Seasonal Shanty is a teleporting Island that holds all Seasonal Monsters together in a single Island. When a Seasonal Monster reaches Level 15, it can be teleported to this Island. They will reset their Level, and get sent to the Nursery, and will also stay there permanently, unless sold.
On this Island, Monsters can be bred using Seasonal Monsters, something that isn't possible on other Islands. This can be used to breed the other Seasonals, and obtain Jam Boree, Clavevera, Viveine, Carillong, and Ffidyll without buying them.
This Island's appearance is similar to a wooden barn, full of lights, and Seasonal Decorations. Its Obstacles have the appearance of boxes, and leftover Seasonal Decorations from several of the game’s events.
This is a list of all the Monsters indigenous to Seasonal Shanty. It currently has the elements of Spooktacle (), Yay (), Love (), Eggs-Travaganza (), SummerSong (), Feast-Ember (), Beat Hereafter (), Echoes of Eco (), Anniversary Month (), Crescendo Moon () and Cloverspell ().
|Punkleton||9||18 hours||13 hours, 30 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Yool||9||1 day, 12 hours||1 day, 3 hours||(Seasonal)|
|Schmoochle||9||1 day, 7 hours, 6 minutes, 30 seconds||23 hours, 19 minutes, 52 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Blabbit||9||19 hours||14 hours, 15 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Hoola||9||25 hours||18 hours, 45 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Gobbleygourd||9||21 hours||15 hours, 45 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Clavavera||9||22 hours, 11 minutes||16 hours, 38 minutes, 15 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Viveine||9||1 day, 2 hours, 5 minutes, 20 seconds||19 hours, 34 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Jam Boree||9||1 day, 16 hours, 24 minutes||1 day, 6 hours, 18 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Carillong||9||1 day, 3 hours, 9 minutes, 32 seconds||20 hours, 22 minutes, 9 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Ffidyll||9||22 hours, 44 minutes||17 hours, 3 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Rare Punkleton||9||1 day, 7 hours, 45 minutes||23 hours, 48 minutes, 45 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Rare Yool||9||1 day, 21 hours, 30 minutes||1 day, 10 hours, 7 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Rare Schmoochle||9||1 day, 15 hours, 15 minutes||1 day, 5 hours, 26 minutes, 15 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Rare Blabbit||9||1 day, 15 minutes||18 hours 11 minutes, 15 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Rare Gobbleygourd||9||1 day, 7 hours, 45 minutes||23 hours, 48 minutes, 45 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Epic Punkleton||9||1 day, 7 hours, 10 minutes||23 hours, 22 minutes, 30 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Epic Yool||9||1 day, 1 hours, 12 minutes||18 hours, 54 minutes||(Seasonal)|
|Epic Schmoochle||9||22 hours, 14 minutes||16 hours, 40 minutes, 15 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Epic Blabbit||9||1 day, 1 hour, 22 minutes||19 hours, 1 minute, 30 seconds||(Seasonal)|
|Epic Gobbleygourd||9||1 day, 3 hours, 11 minutes||20 hours, 23 minutes, 15 seconds||(Seasonal)|
Rocks and Trees
- Main article: Obstacles
Removing the rocks and trees from the Island earns the player Experience () and it opens up space to place more Monsters, Decorations, or Structures. Removed obstacles are not gone permanently; they can be bought back with Diamonds () under the decorations section in the Market.
Small Tree : 1
Medium Tree : 3
Big Tree : 5
Small Rock : 2
Medium Rock : 5
Big Rock : 10
The song of Seasonal Shanty plays at 140 BPM in the key of C Major. It plays in the 4/4 time signature.
While the song of the Island is crucial, users may also want to use some of these numbers to help with planning which monsters to feed first and make 100% happy first, as well as plan frequency of coin collection. The numbers below are as follows:
|Rate||Rate of income per bed at level 15 and at 100% happy|
|Max||Maximum income per bed at level 15|
|Time||Time to maximum income at level 15 and at 100% happy
(shown as Hours : Minutes : Seconds)
It should be noted that Rate is half for 0% happy, and Time is doubled for 0% happy.
If one chooses to obtain all of the Island's Monsters by teleporting them from other Islands, it would take a year and a half due to having to wait for Special Occasions and Out of Season Events. However, due to the Non-Core Seasonals' unique breeding mechanics, these are many ways one could complete the Island while teleporting the least amount of monsters possible, which would be a total of 3 monsters and 7 or 6 breeding combinations (depending on whether Gobbleygourd is one of the starting Monsters):
- This, Wublin Island, Celestial Island, and Amber Island are the only Islands with purchasable Structures where the Mini-Mine is unavailable, This may be because 1: Mines aren't usually found indoors. 2: It's floating on water.
- This brings the question of how the Digger, Bottomless Pit, and Bass String Bridge can exist on this Island.
- This feature could be because BBB had recently ran into the problem where players would have too many Islands with mines, which would make diamonds too easy to obtain, this was later addressed in a following handler hangout.
- Despite being available for placement on the Natural Islands, Level 15 Seasonal Monsters on Seasonal Shanty can't be placed on Gold Island.
- Until the release of Clavavera, Seasonal Shanty was the only Island with entirely vocal Monsters, as all other Seasonal Monsters, including Jam Boree, vocalise. There is, however, the debatable exception of Yool, who is both a vocalist and a instrumentalist.
- There was a mistake in the in-game announcement for Seasonal Shanty, as Monster-Handler Matt accidentally put Clackula instead of Punkleton. This was fixed soon after.
- Coincidentally, the first new seasonal to be released after Seasonal Shanty, Clavavera, turned out to be a Clackula relative.
- The Small Tree is a mannequin resembling Schmoochle.
- The Medium Tree is a broken mirror covered in purple strands. This may be referencing the Mirror Islands.
- Seasonal Shanty is the first, and currently only Island:
- Where the Castle plays something other than a bass instrument.
- Where Seasonal Monsters can breed.
- To update a Monster class's bios upon release, thanks to the Seasonal Monsters being allowed to breed here.
- To not be a Colossal, nor a Titan; but instead, be a large structure located in the Living Ocean.
- That takes place inside a structure, as opposed to an open-air platform.
- Where no two different species share an Element.
- That uses decorations obtainable in the shop for the actual Island's design
- Where every Epic Monster has a different animation than it's common counterpart.
- Seasonal Shanty may be the biggest Island canonically, given the fact that the interior is about as large as a regular Island.
- Seasonal Hybrids on Seasonal Shanty are impossible, given how its breeding combinations work, and Jam Boree's status as its one permanent resident.
- Seasonal Shanty is the third Island with more than 2 Seasonal Monsters, with the first being Gold Island and the second being The Colossingum.
- Prior to the release of Carillong, it was impossible to get a Punkleton on Seasonal Shanty without teleporting one there from another Island or buying it in the market, since breeding with it results in Jam Boree, Gobbleygourd, and Clavavera, who are needed for Punkleton's combo. Before Carillong's release, Punkleton and at least two other Seasonals must have been teleported to get all of the monsters. When Carillong was released, Punkleton could be obtained without teleporting from another Island or buying it in the market.
- Strangely, breeding any combination of Gobbleygourd , Jam Boree, Clavavera, Carillong and Ffidyll can result in any of the 5 Seasonals available in the Natural Islands (Punkleton, Yool, Schmoochle, Blabbit, Hoola), as well as the parents used in the combination, meaning on release Jam Boree + Gobbleygourd could result in any monster in the Island
- Seasonals can be teleported from this Island to The Colossingum, making it a excellent source to gather up many Seasonals for it.
- This is the 5th island to not have the word “Island” in it.
- According to the Handler Hangout of December 2nd, there is most likely going to be 15 Seasonal Monsters, 10 of them being bred from the core 5 Seasonals.
- Seasonal Shanty is the second artificially-made Island in the game, the first being Fire Oasis.
- Prior to the release of Ffidyll, this was the first Island in the entire series where all Monsters sang together in a verse, in this case, the last verse. This changed when Ffidyll released, who doesn't play in the final verse.