Seasonal Monsters are exclusive to certain Seasons observed throughout the year. They are only available on the Natural Islands during a short window of time for purchase and/or breeding, making them some of the more elusive monsters found in the game, though they are available for breeding and teleportation on Seasonal Shanty year-round. They become available during their specific Season. For example, the Yool becomes available during the Christmas Season. It is possible to acquire these monsters "out of season" through Daily Deals but only for a very limited time. The way they work is similar to the Celestials in Dawn of Fire (not including the Galactic Cubes of course); each Seasonal having their own Season that they come out during.
Seasonal monsters can only be bred with other seasonal monsters on Seasonal Shanty, but they cannot breed with their rare counterparts. They don't appear in the lists of monsters that can be used in the Breeding Structure on any of the Natural islands.
Seasonals are really difficult to breed. It's recommended that you use the Enhanced Breeding Structure to breed these types of Monsters. Each Seasonal has a different breeding combination, but can only be bred either during their time or anytime on Seasonal Shanty. If Rare Seasonals are available, you can use the Common combination, but it is not certain that you will get a Rare Seasonal as a result. Epic Seasonals have a combination different than their Common and Rare cousins.
The 7 Seasonal Events, or Seasons, are as follows:
- Spooktacle - With Punkleton
- Festival of Yay - With Yool
- Season of Love - With Schmoochle
- Eggs-Travaganza - With Blabbit
- SummerSong - With Hoola
- Feast-Ember - With Gobbleygourd
- Anniversary Month Celebration - With Jam Boree
Each Seasonal has their own special Element.
List of Seasonal Monsters
Each of the Seasonal Monsters are obtained by breeding two specific monsters together, any time of the year on Seasonal Shanty but only during the designated period of time on the Natural Islands. The exact dates are different from year to year, but during a particular season, the monster's island will be decorated differently when the opportunity to breed these monsters is possible. During Daily Deals, the monster's island does not look any different so attention to the News will be necessary. The chances of breeding these monsters are very low.
|Single Element Monsters|
|Monster||Level||Beds||Cost||Sells for||Egg||Source(s)||Breeding Time||Island(s)|
13 hours, 30 minutes
1 day, 12 hours
1 day, 3 hours
1 day, 7 hours
6 minutes, 30 seconds
23 hours, 19 minutes
14 hours, 15 minutes
1 day, 1 hour
18 hours, 45 minutes
15 hours, 45 minutes
1 day, 16 hours, 24 minutes
Enhanced: 1 day, 6 hours, 18 minutes
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
- All Seasonal Monsters have vocal parts.
- All Seasonal Monsters (except Gobbleygourd and Jam Boree) have Rare and Epic forms, just like Natural Monsters (Gobbleygourd only has a Rare form while Jam Boree has neither a Rare nor Epic form).
- Seasonal Monsters were referred to as both Limited Time Monsters and Special Edition Monsters in the past.
- Rarely, sometimes during Anniversary Month, all Seasonal Monsters are made available at once. (In 2017, all Rare Seasonal Monsters were also released. In 2019, all Epic Seasonals other than Epic Punkleton were released too.)
- Occasionally, Seasonal Monsters are re-released "out of season" for very short periods of time, with a purchase price up 75 from the usual 150, to 225. For details, refer to the individual Seasonal Monsters information. This is true only for mobile app players. PC players have never had those opportunities.
- Seasonal Monsters didn't have an element until a news pop-up on June 25th, 2016 for the re-release of the Yool on the same date. Each one became a single element monster. These elements were added in-game in an update.
- It revealed that the monsters' elements are:
- The Carved Pumpkin is for the Punkleton.
- The Christmas Tree is for the Yool.
- The Heart is for the Schmoochle.
- The Easter Egg is for the Blabbit.
- The Hot Summer Sun is for the Hoola.
- The Cornucopia is for the Gobbleygourd.
- The Party Hat is for the Jam Boree.
- It revealed that the monsters' elements are:
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element