"By nature, the Screemu has very drab coloring, so it spruces itself up with ribbons and paint splatter. Make no mistake, these adornments are the only bright thing about Screemu. This delusional monster has no ears to hear itself and is of the opinion it can outsing an entire cache of Furcorns."
It is a white monster with light blue, yellow, green, pink, lime green, and aquamarine colored paint splatters. It has a bald head with tusks, lime-green lips, and two eyes (one of which is squinted). At the bottom of its body are three purple, webbed feet. It has strange antler-like projections on its back, with multi-colored ribbons hanging from them. It also has orange ribbons on its tusks.
The monsters zapped into Screemu reflect its appearance. Its webbed feet and humanoid stature comes from Shellbeat, its lump-like body (especially towards the bottom) resembles Spunge, its antler-like projections come from Shrubb, and its long neck is similar to that of a Quibble.
Voice actor: David Kerr
H-lo, lo, lo, laaaa-ai-a-eeeeeee, lo, lo, lo-o-oh, laaaaaaaaaiieeeeeeee.
The Screemu, like all other Wublins, will produce coins, diamonds, food, and shards, but at no specified rate, although always less than a day.
The allotted time to fill a Screemu in order to activate is 5 days. If the inventory is not completed in the time the Screemu resets to an empty statue and all eggs inside are lost.
|Egg||Time||Islands to Breed On|
Quickest Strategy (Need all islands):
In advance, breed 2 Shellbeats on Water Island and its Mirror version, 2 Spunges on Cold Island and its Mirror version, 5 Shrubbs each on Plant Island + Mirror, Earth Island + Mirror, and Fire Haven, and 4 Quibbles each on Air Island + Mirror, Oasis, and Shugabush. Zap all the mentioned eggs into the Wublin, and breed the rest of the eggs: 4 more Spunges on Cold Island + Mirror and Water Island + Mirror, 1 more Shrubb on Plant Island, and 2 more Quibbles on Oasis and Shugabush.
Basically, the breeding for each island goes as follows:→ breed in advance
Plant: Shrubb → Shrubb
Mirror Plant: Shrubb
Cold: Spunge → Spunge
Cold Mirror: Spunge → Spunge
Air Mirror: Quibble
Water: Shellbeat → Spunge
Water Mirror: Shellbeat → Spunge
Earth Mirror: Shrubb
Oasis: Quibble → Quibble
Shugabush: Quibble → Quibble
Although all monster eggs that are required by this Wublin can be bred on Water Island, it is best to breed monsters on separate islands rather than all on Water Island. Try breeding the Shellbeats (by using Shellbeat + Rare Shellbeat, or Spunge + Noggin) on Water Island, Shrubbs on Plant Island, Earth Island, and/or Fire Haven , Quibbles on Air Island, Fire Oasis, and/or Shugabush Island, and Spunges on Cold Island. Once all of the Shellbeats are done, start breeding Spunges and Quibbles in Water Island. Also avoid starting the timer of the Wublin before the first Shellbeat, Shrubb, Quibble and Spunge are placed in.
The name may be a portmanteau of "scream" and "emu,” a flightless Australian bird, due to it appearing to be based off of an emu.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Screemu, see Monster Names.
- The name of this monster is solved by a puzzle given out by My Singing Monsters on Twitter. Those answers in this puzzle are:
SCUPS FURCORN SHRUBB SPUNGE SHELLBEAT MAW QUIBBLE
- Most of the above monster names (except for Scups and Maw) involve the Screemu to some degree. Shrubb, Spunge, Shellbeat, and Quibble eggs are needed to activate this monster. The Furcorn, though its eggs are not required to be zapped, is mentioned in this monster's description. It may also involve Maws because neither of them are able to hear.
- Its song was revealed on May 27, 2016 by this Vine on Twitter.
- When inactive, it is shown to be covering its face. This may be a reference to how it wants to be colorful
- Screemu's and Yawstrich's physical appearance are both similar to ratites. It is also worth noting that they have very similar sounds.
- It is the first Wublin to not pick up its feet entirely during its idle animation. The second is Dermit.
- In the reveal trailer for the Wublins, you can hear Screemu very briefly near the end.
- According to the bio, the Screemu is apparently deaf, since it "has no ears to hear itself.”
- The Poewk's song has a part that sounds like a faint Screemu.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element