"By nature, the Screemu has very drab coloring, so it spruces itself up with ribbons and paint splatter. Make no mistake, these adornments are the only bright thing about Screemu. This delusional monster has no ears to hear itself and is of the opinion it can outsing an entire cache of Furcorns."
It is a white monster with light blue, yellow, green, pink, lime green, and aquamarine colored paint splatters. It has a bald head with tusks, lime-green lips, and two eyes (one of which is squinted). At the bottom of its body are three purple, webbed feet. It has strange antler-like projections on its back, with multi-colored ribbons hanging from them. It also has orange ribbons on its tusks.
The monsters zapped into Screemu reflect its appearance. Its webbed feet and humanoid stature comes from Shellbeat, its lump-like body (especially towards the bottom) resembles Spunge, its antler-like projections come from Shrubb, and its long neck is similar to that of a Quibble.
Voice actor: Dave Kerr
H-lo, lo, lo, laaaa-ai-a-eeeeeee, lo, lo, lo-o-oh, laaaaaaaaaiieeeeeeee.
The Screemu, like all other Wublins, will produce coins, diamonds, food, and shards, but at no specified rate, although always less than a day.
The allotted time to fill a Screemu in order to activate is 5 days. If the inventory is not completed in the time the Screemu resets to an empty statue and all eggs inside are lost.
|Egg||Time||Islands to Breed On|
Quickest Strategy (With mirrors and without mirrors):
If you do not have mirror islands, the best strategy is to do this. Pre-breed Shellbeat on water, then breed another. Have torches lit to increase your chances of getting another Shellbeat. Pre-breed Shrubbs on Plant, Earth, and Fire Haven, then breed them again. Pre-breed Spunge on Cold, then breed it twice more. By then the Shellbeat on water should be done, so breed another Spunge on cold and water, then one more on either cold or water. Pre-breed Quibble on Air and Oasis, then breed them again twice. Here it is as a list.
Plant: Pre-breed Shrubb, then breed another.
Cold: Pre-breed Spunge, then breed two more.
Air: Pre-breed Quibble, then breed it again twice.
Water: Pre-breed Shellbeat, then breed another after. Then breed three Spunges.
Earth: Pre-breed Shrubb. then breed another.
Fire Haven: Pre-breed Shrubb. then breed another.
Fire Oasis: Pre-breed Quibble, then breed it again twice.
If you do have mirror islands, then do this. In advance, breed 2 Shellbeats on Water Island and its Mirror version, 2 Spunges on Cold Island and its Mirror version, 5 Shrubbs each on Plant Island + Mirror, Earth Island + Mirror, and Fire Haven, and 4 Quibbles each on Air Island + Mirror, Oasis, and Shugabush. Zap all the mentioned eggs into the Wublin, and breed the rest of the eggs: 4 more Spunges on Cold Island + Mirror and Water Island + Mirror, 1 more Shrubb on Plant Island, and 2 more Quibbles on Oasis and Shugabush.
Basically, the breeding for each island goes as follows:→ breed in advance
Plant: Shrubb → Shrubb
Mirror Plant: Shrubb
Cold: Spunge → Spunge
Cold Mirror: Spunge → Spunge
Air Mirror: Quibble
Water: Shellbeat → Spunge
Water Mirror: Shellbeat → Spunge
Earth Mirror: Shrubb
Oasis: Quibble → Quibble
Shugabush: Quibble → Quibble
The name may be a portmanteau of "scream" and "emu,” a flightless Australian bird, due to it appearing to be based off of an emu.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Screemu, see Monster Names.
- The name of this monster is solved by a puzzle given out by My Singing Monsters on Twitter. Those answers in this puzzle are:
SCUPS FURCORN SHRUBB SPUNGE SHELLBEAT MAW QUIBBLE
- Most of the above monster names (except for Scups and Maw) involve the Screemu to some degree. Shrubb, Spunge, Shellbeat, and Quibble eggs are needed to activate this monster. The Furcorn, though its eggs are not required to be zapped, is mentioned in this monster's description. It may also involve Maws because neither of them are able to hear.
- Its song was revealed on May 27, 2016 by this Vine on Twitter.
- When inactive, it is shown to be covering its face. It's probably doing this because it is embarassed that it is drab and gray instead of being colorful.
- Screemu's and Yawstrich's physical appearance are both similar to ratites. It is also worth noting that they have very similar sounds.
- It is the first Wublin to not pick up its feet entirely during its idle animation. The second is Dermit.
- In the reveal trailer for the Wublins, you can hear Screemu very briefly near the end.
- According to the bio, the Screemu is apparently deaf, since it "has no ears to hear itself.”
- Part of Poewk's song sounds similar to a faint Screemu.
- Unless you have a Bonus Breeding Structure, it's impossible to complete Screemu's inventory within the 5-day time limit when using only Water Island
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element