|“||Alas, poor Roarick! We know it; a monster of infinite breath, of most excellent Monstromancy; it hath borne a gleaming eye on its body a thousand times; and now, how adored in our imagination it is! Our spirits rise at it. Here hang those magical trinkets that cast spells we know not how oft. How be its vibes now? Its rambles? Its skull? The flashes of its Elements, that were wont to set the Sanctum on a roar? To sing or not to sing? No question - Sing!||”|
|— Monster Biography|
Roarick is a red-skinned humanoid monster with six differently shaped eyes, four arms, two elephant-like feet, and white hair that is black in the middle. It also wears some sort of collar. Its bottom-right arm holds a humerus bone, while the top-left holds what's seemingly a puppet-like skull of what could be another monster.
VST: EastWest Voices of the Empire
Roarick contributes to the song by singing in a similar way to Glowl and Yelmut, unlike any other Magical Monster. Roarick's song also sounds similar to joik, or throat singing. Its decorated skull, femur, and jewels glow as it sings.
"Kohhhh strah-hahhh ohhhh tzahhhh-ahhh-ahhh-ahhh-djohhhhhhhh!"
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness). Each monster also has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Roarick:
- Enchantling (requires level 9)
- Wubbox Stockpile (level 20)
- Puffle Tree (level 14)
- Leafy Sea Dragon (level 20) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Roarick is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Roarick is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Roarick is a portmanteau of "Roar" and the character Yorick from Shakespeare's Hamlet.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Roarick, see Monster Names.
- Roarick was released on July 7, 2021.
- Roarick is the last double-element monster to be released in Magical Sanctum.
- It's also the penultimate common-variation Sanctum Monster to be released.
- This monster was somehow released early for hype.
- Roarick is a reference to the Shakespeare play Hamlet. It is named after Yorick, a deceased character whose skull is held by Hamlet in the same way Roarick holds a skull, and its bio is a parody of the "Alas, Poor Yorick" speech ended with a parody of the famous "To be or not to be" quote.
- This is the second monster on Magical Sanctum to gain access to the “secret verse”, with the first being G'day, and the third being Enchantling.
- Roarick is currently the only monster on Magical Sanctum to play only in the “secret verse”
- Upon close examination, the Roarick and its skull sing together, with the skull singing a soft, low background harmony to Roarick's loud, high shout. This is shown to be accomplished with the bone it holds, which it sings into like a microphone, or with its blue gems, as all three items (skull, bone, and gems) glow in unison.
- To some capacity, Roarick slightly resembles Denchuhs.
- Coincidentally, they both have the bone element.
- Roarick also resembles Super Meat Boy.
- The upper half of Roarick’s skull is from the concept art of a Bone Island monster.
- Coincidentally, Roarick's skull resembles a puppet show while singing.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element