"Before a young Riff is mature enough to enter a symbiotic kinship with a living instrument, it is first given an artificial guitar to watch over. This lifelike guitar not only train Riffs to be effective caregivers to their future organic instruments, but also provides them with a stimulating toy to fidget with when they get fussy."
"Despite the effortless cool that all Riffs seem to exude, these feathery frontmen actually care quite deeply about their appearance. Their fashionably unkempt hair is a testament to this vanity. It is thus unsurprising that when a Riff begins to molt, it relies on its stringed companion for frequent flattery."
Riff is a returning monster and is released in 1.17.0 along with Spunge. It's a large orange monster with a maroon hairstyle. As a baby, it has a haircut, and unlike its adult counterpart, the hair no longer covers its eye. Its bat wings are small, but able to fly. Its guitar has an eye on the head instead of on the bridge. It also has buck teeth just like Woolabee. As an adult, it's the similar design like the original game with new colors.
Continent : Electric guitar (ethereal pedal)
Cave island: Overdrive Guitar
Riff plays its electric guitar. On the continent, it plays its part where the Mammott and Thumpies play their part. On Cave Island, It plays on the beginning, and with Mammott, Kayna, Glowl, Floogull, Thumpies, Wynq, Barrb, Yelmut, Quibble and Bowgart.
- + T-Rox and Tweedle
- + PomPom and Toe Jammer
- + Congle and Noggin
- + Quibble and Drumpler
- + Pango and Fwog
- + Scups and Mammott
- + Cybop and Maw
The Riff will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button after a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Riff is teleported to Cave Island at level 20.
Riff's name originates from "guitar riff".
- It is a final original quad-elemental monster to be in Dawn of Fire.
- It, along with Spunge are the first monsters since Deedge and Sneyser to be released in doubles.
- Unlike the original game, Riff is only seen flying when it is on the continent awake, which is always, otherwise it stays on the ground.
- It's the only quad-element monster without the Plant element that doesn't go to Cloud Island
- If you look closely, when muted, the guitar's eye open times to times which makes Riff the only monster in Dawn of Fire with open eyes when muted.
- It is the last cold elemental natural monster that came from from the original game.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|