|“||Riffs are masterful musicians. Very little is known about these complex Monsters, but they do have some distinct and unusual habits. For example, Riffs use their flexible toes to select random objects from the ground which they inspect, then eat.||”|
Riff is a large orange monster with a maroon hairstyle covering part of its eyes. On its arms, it has feathers with yellow spots and it has three clawed fingers. It has bat wings and bird-like feet. It plays on a blue-green guitar with an eye on it.
When idle, the Riff will nod its body (as its head is on its body) and occasionally open its mouth.
Instrument: Electric guitar
The Riff Monster's contribution to an island's song is playing an instrument resembling an electric guitar. The guitar is not actually electric, nor is it a real instrument; it is another monster that shares a symbiotic relationship with the Riff. The guitar monster produces sounds matching its real-life counterpart.
The following pairs of 2-element monsters can be used to breed a Riff:
However, the combination of a 3-element with 1-element monster has a higher rate of success:
- Of these, Congle+Noggin is the best combination, as it has the lowest average breeding times in case of breeding failure.
There is also a small chance of producing a Riff from a failed breeding attempt, using a Riff and a non-Single Element Monster.
Like all Quad Element Monsters, Riffs are hard to breed and these combinations may result in a parent monster as offspring instead. However, if you are fortunate enough to already possess both a Riff and a Rare Riff, the two can be bred together to create another Riff with a 100% success rate.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Riff:
- Toe Jammer (requires level 4)
- Bass String Bridge (level 19)
- Leafy Sea Dragon (level 20)
- Crumpler Tree (level 19) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Riff is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Riff eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5|
|5 eggs||3 eggs||6 eggs||6 eggs||1 egg|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Riff eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Riff eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3|
|3 eggs||1 egg||1 egg|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Riff eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Riff is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The Riff's name originates from the term, "guitar riff ".
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Riff, see Monster Names.
- The Riff has the highest income of all quad-element monsters.
- Occasionally, the Riff will use its wings to hover a short distance above the ground during its song.
- The Riff's feathery limbs and body, and feet, somewhat resemble a chicken.
- The name of "Riff" remains constant in all languages.
- In the concept art of the Riff, it had a more humanoid body-for-a-head instead of one that appeared more of a chicken's body. It was also taller and played a real guitar without monsterification (personification in the sense of monsters). It had no bat wings and had spots that were similar to the released Maw's spots. It also had a hairstyle that was similar to the released Drumpler's hair.
- The Riff's wing placement seems to move everywhere; in the My Singing Monsters Christmas wallpaper, the Riff's wings are shown up high, by its hair; but on an image for Schmoochle leaving, its wings are lower on its body.
- It was shown here that the Riffs original name was Geetar.
- It is possible, although unconfirmed, that this may have been a codename for the monster.
- The Riff's guitar is similar to the Rare Riff (green and scaly), and the guitar of the Rare Riff is similar to the usual Riff (orange and shaggy-looking).
- The Riff is the only Quad Element Monster available at level 7, because it does not use Plant nor Fire.
- On air and gold island, riff bobs its head every third beat. On tribal island, it appears to be every two beats instead.
- Riff is one of many monsters who have the ability to fly or levitate. The others are Tweedle, Cybop, Glowl (from trailers), Theremind, Poppette, Yuggler, Floot Fly, Squot (technically Squot can levitate, but further examination is needed.), Clavi Gnat, Withur, Grumpyre, Ghazt, Jeeode, Humbug, Whisp, Jellbilly, Flum Ox, and Plixie.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element