Relics are a currency in My Singing Monsters released in Update 2.0.4. Before 2.2.4, they were only used to purchase Werdos, which cost 100 Relics each. Since 2.2.4, with the introduction of the Fire Islands and the Magical Islands, they can be used to purchase Fire Monsters, with Single Elements costing 10 Relics, Doubles costing 50, Triples costing 100, and Quads costing 200. Rare Fire Monsters do not cost Relics. Since 3.4.0, they can also be used on Amber Island to purchase Vessels, clear obstacles, and repair the Amber Castle.
Relics can be obtained by:
- The Daily Spin Wheel. Two slices on the wheel give 3 , and Chests can contain 10 , 20 or 30
- Daily Login Bonus. Gives 2 on day two, 4 on day 4, and 8 on day 8;
- Bonus Item of 3 from Monsters that can produce Bonus Items;
- Completing goals that award relics;
- Reaching the required Tier in Versus mode in The Colossingum;
- Collecting from Monsters on Amber Island;
- Exchanging diamonds in the Market.
Unlike other currencies, the cost of a Relic increases with each exchange: the first costs 1 , the second 3 , the third 6 , the fourth 9 , the fifth 12 , the sixth 18 , the seventh 25 , the eighth 36 . After that, the exchange rate is 50 per relic. This resets daily, every 0:00 UTC.
The diamond exchange rate prices are as follows:
|Relic||Diamond cost||Accumulated cost|
The maximum cost of a relic is 50 Diamonds per 1 Relic starting with the 9th Relic purchased in a day. Prices resets daily (at precisely 12:00pm UTC), with the first exchange after the price reset costing 1 Diamond again.
Because of the steep increase in Diamond costs after the 5th Relic purchased, it's good to weigh whether being able to buy many Relics at a single time is worth the Diamond cost compared to exercising patience and buying those Relics over multiple days. The cost of a Werdo is 100 Relics. The table below shows cost and time required based on how many Relics are purchased per day.
|Purchase spread over days||Relics purchased per day||Total Diamond cost|
|34||3x33 + 1x1||330 + 1 = 331|
Daily Login Bonus
- Main article: Daily Login Bonus
- Main article: Spin Wheel
- According to a Facebook post, Relics are apparently what make Werdos be able to sing comprehensive full lyrics.
- In the July 2020 "Mark My Werds" in-game promotional sale image, Tawkerr can be seen about to eat a musical note, retrieved from what appears to be a cracked open Relic.
- More about Relics and Amber is mentioned on this link.
- Before Relics were decided on, Golden Eggs were going to be used as currency.