|“||Reedlings live and breathe music - literally. Somewhere in their evolution they forgot how to breathe through mouths and noses, so they developed flute-like breathing spines. Reedlings sometimes release the odd toot in their sleep.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Reedling is a triple-element Monster that is first unlocked on Water Island. It is best obtained by breeding Dandidoo and Noggin. By default, its breeding time is 12 hours long. As a Triple Elemental, Reedling does not have a high coin production.
Instrument: Recorder flute
VST: Complete Orchestral Collection
The Reedling Monster's contribution to the island's song is a tune produced by playing the recorder-shaped spines on its back. Strangely enough, the timbre of the instrument is more similar to a pipe organ's than any other wind instrument (the pipe organ does include reeds in some of its pipes, making it an appropriate choice for the Reedling). However, in Tribal Island and Fire Haven, it sounds more like a flute.
Because Noggin takes much less time to hatch than both Potbelly and Tweedle, and all of the two-element monsters require the same amount of time, the first combination will provide more breeding opportunities in the same time period (on average).
Reedling can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a Reedling in a breeding failure include:
- + Reedling and Rare Reedling
(Best choice, 100% chance of a Reedling if Rare Reedling is unavailable)
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Reedling:
- Potbelly (requires level 9)
- Shrubb (level 9)
- Beeyoot Tree (level 8)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10)
- Squeed Statue (level 16) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
In It To Fin It
|Weekly Quest||30 (discounted)|
45 (full price)
|Always available||25 (discounted)|
37 (full price)
|Always available||37,500 (discounted)|
56,250 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|Reedling is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Reedling eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Reedling eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Reedling, see Monster Names.
- One of the default names for Reedling, Izit, is a reference to a Thumpie that appears in the Thumpies Totem, Too decoration and is part of Epic Thumpies.
- Reedling’s name comes from the reeds instrument.
- The Blabbit and the Reedling are said to share the same ancestor.
- Reedling appears to be a cross between a dog, porcupine, and rabbit.
- A Reedling resembles a porcupine with flute-like spines on its back.
- Reedling is one of the few monsters to have a nose.
- The Reedling is the last of the natural triple-element monsters to be available upon buying a new island, being Water Island.
- On Composer Island during Spooktacle 2017, there was a bug where Reedling's face and ears appear in front of the Smunkin Mask costume, rather than behind it. A similar thing happened to Thumpies and Mammott at the same time.
- Similarly, Reedling's face and ears appeared over its mask when wearing its Breath Tweeter costume, on Fire Haven while it was playing. It's mouth also overlapped the Oni-rous Mask during the animation, but it was less noticeable.
- Baby Reedlings are called pups.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element