|“||Reedlings live and breathe music - literally. Somewhere in their evolution they forgot how to breathe through mouths and noses, so they developed flute-like breathing spines. Reedlings sometimes release the odd toot in their sleep.||”|
The Reedling is as odd looking as it comes.
Its body is in a hunched position similar to a T. rex, or, in the monster world, a T-Rox complete with hanging arms. It has a green furred back similar to a hedgehog or a porcupine, floppy ears like a dog and three toes on each foot. On its back are six flute-like appendages that look like the Wild Bagpipe Decoration. The "reed" of each pipe is near the Reedling's body, but the free end has what looks like a mouthpiece.
Instrument: Recorder flute
The Reedling Monster's contribution to the island's song is a tune produced by playing the recorder-shaped spines on its back. Strangely enough, the timbre of the instrument is more similar to a pipe organ's than any other wind instrument (the pipe organ does include reeds in some of its pipes, making it an appropriate choice for the Reedling). However, in Tribal Island and Fire Haven, it sounds more like a flute.
Because Noggin takes much less time to hatch than both Potbelly and Tweedle, and all of the two-element monsters require the same amount of time, the first combination will provide more breeding opportunities in the same time period (on average).
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Reedling:
- Potbelly (requires level 9)
- Shrubb (level 9)
- Beeyoot Tree (level 8)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10)
- Squeed Statue (level 16) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Reedling is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Reedling eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5||Wublin 6|
|8 eggs||4 eggs||3 eggs||6 eggs||1 egg||10 eggs|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Reedling eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Reedling eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3||Celestial 4||Celestial 5||Celestial 6||Celestial 7|
|4 eggs||4 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||2 eggs||2 eggs||1 egg|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Reedling eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Reedling is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "Reedling" may reference the reed, a common name of many plants native to waterlogged areas. Some reeds are said to produce sound after being struck with wind. Also, the reed is part of the mouthpiece of a woodwind instrument; the breath across the reed causes it to vibrate, and the vibrations are amplified and modulated by the body of the instrument.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Reedling, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
On October 14th, 2016, the Reedling put on a pumpkin mask. It also wore it for the 2017 and 2019 season. In 2018, it wore a giant eyeball mask.
- The Blabbit and the Reedling are said to share the same ancestor.
- Reedling seems to be a cross between a dog, porcupine, hedgehog, and rabbit.
- A Reedling resembles a porcupine with flute-like spines on its back.
- One of the default names for Reedling, Izit, is a reference to one of the Thumpies in the game Thumpies. Within My Singing Monsters, Izit appears in the decoration Thumpies Totem, Too.
- When the Krillby (DOF) was first teased, many believed it was Reedling.
- Reedling is one of the few monsters to have a nose.
- The Reedling is the last of the natural triple-element monsters to become available upon buying a new island, being Water Island.
- On Composer Island during Halloween 2017, the Reedling's face and ears appear in front of the pumpkin mask, rather than behind it. This is most likely a bug. A similar thing happened to Thumpies and Mammott at the same time.
- Similarly, Reedling's face and ears appear over its mask when wearing its Breath Tweeter costume, although this only occurs on Fire Haven and even then only when it is playing.
- Reedling can be heard in Cloud Island along with Tiawa and Incisaur and in a video called My Singing Monsters - The Making of My Singing Monsters.
- Baby Reedlings are called pups.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element