|“||Hitching a ride with its Common Seasonal cousin, the Rare Yool journeys to Cold Island each year to ring in the heart-warming Festival of Yay with its fellow Monsters. Legend says it was once a curmudgeonly loner, preferring to spend time by itself - but once it discovered the joy of friendship, it sprinkled its beard with scrumptious candy and resolved to hold the message of goodwill towards all Monsterkind in its heart, no matter the season.||”|
|— In-game description|
The Rare Yool is the third Rare Seasonal Monster to be introduced to the game. It arrived on December 2nd, 2016 during the Festival of Yay celebration, also known as the Festival of Yay.
Unlike its common counterpart, the Yool, the Rare Yool has four dark brown antlers that each have three silver bells attached. Its shirt is forest-green with darker hued snowflakes, and the sleeves are yellow and red. Its legs, beard and face are all brown (the latter is a lighter shade), and multi-colored sprinkles are visible on its beard. It also has two sprinkles for eyebrows and it has a red nose. The Rare Yool shares the same animation as the regular Yool with no notable differences.
- See Yool.
Voice actor: Eric De Val (A Story of Sprinkles & Following The Trail Part 2)
The Rare Yool like all Seasonals is only available for breeding during short time periods announced in the game.
There is only one combination:
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
For 2016, the breeding availability period was from:
- December 2nd 17:00 UTC - December 6th 20:00 UTC
- December 13rd 20:00 UTC - December 15th 20:00 UTC
- December 23rd 20:00 UTC - December 30th 20:00 UTC
- December 30th 20:00 UTC - January 2nd 20:00 UTC
For 2017, the breeding availability period was from:
- December 7th to December 10th 20:00 UTC
- December 22nd to December 26th 19:00 UTC
- January 2nd to January 3rd 20:00 UTC
- June 14th to June 17th 2018 20:00 UTC
- December 7th to 10th 20:00 UTC
- December 17th to 21st 20:00 UTC
- June 14th to 17th 19:00 UTC
NOTE: The Rare Yool can only be bred or purchased during the dates listed above. Any Rare Yool on Cold Island and its Mirror Island that is obtained during the above times will stay unless it is sold.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Yool:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Rare Yool is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Yool.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Yool, see Monster Names.
- The Rare Yool was the third Rare Seasonal Monster to be introduced to the game and it appeared in the Market for four days and three hours from December 2nd, 2016 to December 6th, 2016. Originally, it was intended to leave on December 5th, however the time was extended by one day.
- A teaser of the Rare Yool can be seen on the start-up screen for the 2016 Festival of Yay season at the bottom. It also appeared in the Book of Monsters three days before its official release.
- There was a glitch that caused the Rare Yool to not appear in the Mirror Cold Island Market. This was fixed a few hours after it became available in the Cold Island Market.
- The Rare Yool's red nose is similar to that of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
- Rare Yool's jingle bells can be seen under the castle platform on Seasonal Shanty.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element