|“||Most monsters would trade an arm and a leg for a chance to improve their performance skills... The Rare Whisp seems to have done the opposite and grown some! Or maybe all Whisps have limbs tucked under their flowing, dress-like bodies and only the rares choose to let it all hang out? Either way, these Rarethereals are convinced their elongated bodies give their singing range a boost... But in truth, their common cousins seem just as talented.||”|
The Rare Whisp was released May 12th 2017 at 19:00 UTC, along with the opportunity to buy or breed all Rarethereals. The Rare Whisp costs 2000 diamonds.
The Rare Whisp is yellowish-brown in color with a tinge of green near the head. It has longer fanglike teeth, and its hair is black with the same style as a regular Whisp's. Rare Whisps have long arms and legs dangling down from under their dress like bodies. These limbs are similar to a Shrubb's in appearance, except more ghost-like, and have black stripes. The neck also has two stripes.
When idle, the Rare Whisp does exactly the same as the Common Whisp, except also swaying its visible limbs, as well as including a creepy expression and smiling at times.
- See Whisp.
Like all other Rares, Rare Whisp is only available for breeding during short time periods announced in the game. Any combination that can produce a Whisp, can produce a Rare Whisp.
- + Rare Whisp and Whisp - if you already have a Rare Whisp
- + Whisp and Ghazt (or any other Single Ethereal)
- + Ghazt and Grumpyre - if you don't yet have a Whisp
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Rare Whisp, like all Rarethereals are only available for breeding and buying some of the time during special events, typically during the weekend. Examples:
- A selection of 2-3 Singles and Doubles.
- All 5 Singles
- All of them (Anniversary Month Celebration only)
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Whisp:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Whisp.
To see how efficient Rare Whisp is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Whisp.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Whisp, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
In 2018 and 2019, the Rare Whisp also dressed up as a cat, but with an extra collar with a spider hanging from it.
- Rare Whisp is the last Rarethereal monster that was released.
- Rare Whisp never seems to close its mouth during its animation on Ethereal Island.
- A picture of a part of the Rare Whisp's body was posted in My Singing Monsters's Facebook page in May 10, 2017. link.
- Rare Whisp seems to be much larger than the common Whisp.
- There was a short time in 2017 where Rare Whisp had a texture glitch, that was quickly fixed. It ironically happened during the Halloween season.
- The "legs" look like Humbug`s arms and feet.
- The Rare Whisp is the only Ethereal Island Exclusive Monster to receive a costume during Spooktacle
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element