|“||The Rare Scups’ bioluminescent spurs are perfectly suited to its predominantly nocturnal lifestyle. Sure, it performs along nonchalantly during the day, but it's [a] total mystery what it does after the sun sets. Every once in a while, a company of ambitious Monsters will resolve to stay up long enough to witness a Rare Scups in nighttime action, but the siren song of the Castle's beds always proves too much to resist.||”|
Rare Scups have the same peculiar body shape of their Common counterparts, but outside of that they are much weirder, as they have:
- Very dark skin, black across most of its body
- Green thorns on their legs and head
- Pale green tails/horns with very fine "hairs" or "spikelets"
- Purple suction cups and eye borders, instead of pink.
- A main body that is upside down, in relation to the Common monster
- The absence of a mouth.
- Green iris, instead of brown.
- Its pupils are also noticeably larger than its Common counterpart's, since it is nocturnal.
- See Scups.
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Scups may fail, and give a Rare Scups as a result instead of the regular Scups. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way. If you're trying to get a Rare Scups as a result of breeding failure, the most effective combination is to breed a regular Scups with a 4-element monster, since the offspring will always be a Scups except in the rare case that an Ethereal monster is the result. (This assumes that the probability of getting a Rare Scups instead of a regular Scups doesn't depend on which Monsters are used for breeding.)
The Rare version of any breeding Monster can be used instead of the Common version.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- All monsters with a specific theme.
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters.
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Scups:
- Scups (requires level 7)
- Eerie Remains (level 14)
- Bass String Bridge (level 19)
- Tree Hut (level 17) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Scups.
To see how efficient Rare Scups is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Scups.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Scups, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
In December 2015, the Rare Scups changed colors to match its common counterpart. This was repeated in the 2018 season and 2019 season.
- Rare Scups is one of the last Monsters released in the StarShop as part of a Rare Duet. The other is Rare Furcorn.
- Rare Scups and Rare Clamble are the only rare monsters that do not have a mouth.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element