|“||Stubby horns and buck teeth aside, Rare Reedlings are mostly known for their impatience and not being the greatest listeners. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that they have an extra set of breathing spines in place of ears. To communicate with it, this stubborn subspecies insists that other monsters pipe musical messages directly into its ear-spines, believing that if something is worth saying, it's worth taking the time to translate.||”|
Rare Reedlings are awkward, even when compared with its Common counterpart. Although the two have very similar shapes and sizes, the Rare Reedling has:
- Slightly greenish skin;
- Small, pale purplish spots, similar to the usual leg-spots, on its face;
- Vibrant purple fur with "hot pink" spots;
- Enlarged "hot pink" toenails (one was once peeking out in some of the Rares news);
- "Hot pink" irises;
- A pair of small horns on its head;
- Large yellowed buck teeth (front teeth protruding over the others) in place of the normal, small fangs;
- Chocolate-coloured breathing spines (reed pipes) on its back, with magenta mouthpieces;
- An additional pair of similarly coloured breathing spines (reed pipes) in place of the usual ears.
- And, upon closer inspection, its fur is notably less spiky, and more smooth on its back.
- See Reedling.
Because Noggin takes much less time to hatch than both Potbelly and Tweedle, and all of the two-element monsters require the same amount of time, the first combination will provide more breeding opportunities in the same time period (on average).
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Reedling may fail, and give a Rare Reedling as a result instead of the regular Reedling. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way. If you're trying to get a Rare Reedling as a result of breeding failure, the most effective combination is to breed a regular Reedling with a 4-element monster, since the offspring will always be a Reedling except in the rare case that an Ethereal monster is the result. (This assumes that the probability of getting a Rare Reedling instead of a regular Reedling doesn't depend on which monsters are used for breeding.)
The Rare version of any breeding monster can be used instead of the common version.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters.
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Reedling:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Reedling.
To see how efficient Rare Reedling is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Reedling.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Reedling, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
Also on October 14th, 2016, the Rare Reedling put on a skeleton mask. It's reeds color changed to beige, like it's common counterpart. This costume also appeared in 2017 and 2019. In 2018, it donned an ogre mask. Until 2018 (and additionally 2019's costume), the reeds were the same as Reedling's.
- The Rare Reedling is the first Rare to be shown on the start-up screen; its breathing spines are visible on the bottom of the 2015 Easter start-up screen.
- The Rare Reedling appears to show that it uses the fruit from Zuffle Trees to paint their toenails. Link
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element