|“||Nobody likes watching someone let themselves go, but this is a regrettable inevitability for the Rare Punkleton. Lacking the hardiness of the Common's Smunkin-like head, it is doomed to decompose faster and turn into a sloppy mess. Donning a paper bag to limit the embarrassment, it's lucky that this ghoulish Rare Seasonal is only really active during a time of dress-up - it fits right in, and no one's the wiser!||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Rare Punkleton is a Rare Seasonal Monster that celebrates the Spooktacle season and is found on Plant Island. It was added on October 15th, 2016 during Version 2.0.0. As a Rare Seasonal Monster, it is only available at certain times across all islands. It is best obtained by breeding Bowgart and T-Rox. By default, its breeding time is 1 day, 7 hours, and 45 minutes long. Although Rare Punkleton does not have good coin production when collecting once per day, when collecting multiple times it can rival other Monsters such as Ethereals or Quad-elements.
Rare Punkleton can either be teleported to Seasonal Shanty once fed to level 15, or bred with the same combination as its common counterpart. Rare Punkleton has a decent coin production compared to other Monsters on Seasonal Shanty.
- See Punkleton.
The Rare Punkleton like all Seasonals is only available for breeding during short time periods announced in the game.
There is only one combination in Plant Island:
On Seasonal Shanty, breeding a Punkleton with any other monster can result in a Rare Punkleton instead of a regular Punkleton. Once a Rare Punkleton is obtained, breeding it with a regular Punkleton can make it easier to breed another Rare Punkleton.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
For 2019, the breeding availability periods were from:
- October 18th 19:00 UTC - October 21st 19:00 UTC
- October 28th 19:00 UTC - October 30th 19:00 UTC
For 2018, the breeding availability periods were from:
- April 13th 19:00 UTC - April 16th 19:00 UTC
- October 19th 19:00 UTC - October 22nd 19:00 UTC
- October 29th 19:00 UTC - November 2nd 19:00 UTC
For 2017, the breeding availability periods were from:
- April 21st 19:00 UTC - April 24th 19:00 UTC
- October 20th 19:00 UTC – October 23rd 19:00 UTC
- October 27th 19:00 UTC – November 1st 19:00 UTC
For 2016, the breeding availability periods were from:
- October 15th 16:00 UTC - October 16th 16:00 UTC
- October 22nd 19:00 UTC - October 23rd 19:00 UTC
- October 29th 19:00 UTC - November 1st 19:00 UTC
NOTE: The Rare Punkleton can only be bred or purchased during the dates listed above. Any Rare Punkleton on Plant Island, its Mirror Island, and Seasonal Shanty that is obtained during the above times will stay unless it is sold.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Punkleton:
- Punkleton (requires level 9)
- Stritch Skin (level 6)
- Castanevine (level 18)
- Reflecting Pool (level 6) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Punkleton, see Monster Names.
- A teaser of the Rare Punkleton was seen on the start-up screen for the 2016 Spooktacle season.
- The Rare Punkleton's heart looks similar to the Schmoochle's egg.
- Some of its default names (Jason, Freddie, and Mike) are references to killers in popular horror movies (Jason Voorhes, Freddie Krueger, and Micheal Myers)
- It appears as though the Rare Punkleton wears a paper bag so as not to reveal its embarrassingly lightbulb-bright face, as well as the decaying material inside its head.
- The luminous brightness is caused by the decomposition of the Smunkin / Punkleton head, which emits a bioluminescent glow. (Monster-Handler Matt, Extra-Life 2021)
- The brightness might also be saying that it's beautiful to look at
- Although their Common counterparts have different breeding times, the Rare Punkleton shares the same breeding time as the Rare Hoola.
- Even though Rare Punkleton always has its mask on, an image on the My Singing Monsters Twitter page shows it without it!
- However, there's so much glow that it's impossible to tell what it looks like underneath
- The Rare Punkleton's mask appears to be inspired from a character in the game Thumpies, named Butter.
- Rare Punkleton was the first Rare monster to be available on Seasonal Shanty.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element