|“||Nobody likes watching someone let themselves go, but this is a regrettable inevitability for the Rare Punkleton. Lacking the hardiness of the Common's Smunkin-like head, it is doomed to decompose faster and turn into a sloppy mess. Donning a paper bag to limit the embarrassment, it's lucky that this ghoulish Rare Seasonal is only really active during a time of dress-up - it fits right in, and no one's the wiser!||”|
|— In-game description|
The Rare Punkleton was the second Rare Seasonal Monster to be introduced to the game. It arrived on October 15th, 2016 during the Spooktacle celebration.
Unlike its common counterpart, the Punkleton, the Rare Punkleton has a paper bag covering its head because it is decomposing. Its rotting innards and seeds can be seen going up and down on its body. Its skeletal body is ghastly-green and and its toes and rib cage are dulled turquoise. Vines and leaves also cover its limbs, which appear faded and inside its rib cage is a noticeable pink heart. The Rare Punkleton shares the same animation as the regular Punkleton, though at times it breathes its rotting innards and seeds in and out.
- See Punkleton.
The Rare Punkleton like all Seasonals is only available for breeding during short time periods announced in the game.
There is only one combination:
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
For 2019, the breeding availability periods were from:
- October 18th 19:00 UTC - October 21st 19:00 UTC
- October 28th 19:00 UTC - October 30th 19:00 UTC
For 2018, the breeding availability periods were from:
- April 13th 19:00 UTC - April 16th 19:00 UTC
- October 19th 19:00 UTC - October 22nd 19:00 UTC
- October 29th 19:00 UTC - November 2nd 19:00 UTC
For 2017, the breeding availability periods were from:
- April 21st 19:00 UTC - April 24th 19:00 UTC
- October 20th 19:00 UTC – October 23rd 19:00 UTC
- October 27th 19:00 UTC – November 1st 19:00 UTC
For 2016, the breeding availability periods were from:
- October 15th 16:00 UTC - October 16th 16:00 UTC
- October 22nd 19:00 UTC - October 23rd 19:00 UTC
- October 29th 19:00 UTC - November 1st 19:00 UTC
NOTE: The Rare Punkleton can only be bred or purchased during the dates listed above. Any Rare Punkleton on Plant Island and its Mirror Island that is obtained during the above times will stay unless it is sold.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Punkleton:
- Punkleton (requires level 9)
- Stritch Skin (level 6)
- Castanevine (level 18)
- Reflecting Pool (level 6) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
To see how efficient Rare Punkleton is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Punkleton.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Punkleton, see Monster Names.
- The Rare Punkleton was the second Rare Seasonal monster to be introduced to the game and it appeared in the Market for twenty-four hours from October 15th, 2016 to October 16th, 2016.
- A teaser of the Rare Punkleton was seen on the start-up screen for the 2016 Spooktacle season.
- The Rare Punkleton's heart looks similar to the Schmoochle's egg.
- Some of its default names (Jason, Freddie, and Mike) are references to killers in popular horror movies (Jason Voorhes, Freddie Krueger, and Micheal Myers)
- The names Freddie and Mike may also be a reference to Five Nights at Freddy's, a game by Scott Cawthon that practically needs no introduction at this point
- It appears as though the Rare Punkleton wears a paper bag so as not to reveal its embarrassingly lightbulb-bright face, as well as the decaying material inside its head.
- The brightness might also be saying that it's beautiful to look at
- Although their Common counterparts have different breeding times, the Rare Punkleton shares the same breeding time as the Rare Hoola.
- Even though Rare Punkleton always has its mask on, an image on the My Singing Monsters Twitter page shows it without it!
- However, there's so much glow that it's impossible to tell what it looks like underneath
- The Rare Punkleton's mask appears to be inspired from a character in the game Thumpies, named Butter.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element