|“||It's amazing what some extra appendages and fins can do! You wouldn't know it to look at it, but the Rare Pummel is exceptionally aerodynamic and uses its extra arms to perform spectacular acrobatic feats, In addition to its two dorsal fins, the tiny growths that cover its body are actually small 'drag-fins' that can open and close to help it maneuver while flipping and flopping about.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Rare Pummel is a triple-element Rare Monster. It was added on October 24th, 2014 during the 1.3.0 2nd Anniversary Update. As a Rare Monster, it is only available at select times. It is best obtained by breeding or by purchasing from the StarShop. Its breeding combination is the same as its common counterpart. By default, its breeding time is 15 hours and 30 minutes long. Although a Rare Monster, Rare Pummel still does not have high coin production.
- See Pummel.
The Rare Pummel monster can only can be bred or purchased during specific weekend events. Its parentage is the same as the regular Pummel. Possible combination(s):
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Pummel may fail, and give a Rare Pummel as a result instead of the regular Pummel. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way. If you're trying to get a Rare Pummel as a result of breeding failure, the most effective combination is to breed a regular Pummel with a 4-element monster, since the offspring will always be a Pummel except in the rare case that an Ethereal monster is the result. (This assumes that the probability of getting a Rare Pummel instead of a regular Pummel doesn't depend on which monsters are used for breeding.) You can immediately tell which monster will be the result by simply looking at the resulting breeding time: 12 hrs = regular Pummel, 15:30 = Rare Pummel, 36 hrs = Ethereal monster.
Another good strategy is to breed the Common monster with a single-element monster, as single-elements take the least time to hatch.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- All monsters with a specific theme.
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters.
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Pummel:
- Pummel (requires level 9)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10)
- Bass String Bridge (level 19)
- Barbloo Statue (level 13) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Pummel.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Pummel, see Monster Names.
- The Rare Pummel's six arms may be from the Maw's concept drawing.
- The "Rares Research" of the Rare Pummel resulted in the teaser of the Rare Ghazt.
- The Rare Pummel is very similar in coloration to the Drumpler, which is another drum-related monster.
- Rare Pummel was the last monster released in the StarShop during the 5th anniversary’s “ In Rare Form “ promotion.
- On the day of the promotion that it was released, Rare Pummel was featured in a #Mon5ters Twitter post, depicting Entbrat throwing it into the sky. Strangely, one of its tongues seems to be missing.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element