|“||Long ago, when Phanglers were too fearful to venture to the surface of the living ocean, a small school would gaze longingly up at the glimmering sunset each evening as it sparkled on the waves. These Phanglers yearned for the warm embrace of sunshine on their scales so dearly that they grew hand-like fins to reach up to the sun itself! These sunkissed sea creatures became known as Rare Phanglers and today can be distinguished by their warm hue and lanky arms.||”|
Rare Phangler looks similar to its regular counterpart, but with a fiery orange color, with magenta webs, green lips, and the tips of its fin and microphones transitioning to pink instead of orange-yellow. It also has small green spikes covering the outer portions of its face, replacing the barbels that the original has. However, the most distinguishing feature has to be its arms, each with four webbed fingers.
- See Phangler.
The Rare Phangler can be bred the same way as a regular Phangler. The combination is:
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Phangler may fail, and give a Rare Phangler as a result instead of the regular Phangler. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way. In particular:
- + Sneyser and Phangler
- + Gloptic and Phangler
- + Plinkajou and Phangler
- + Toe Jammer and Phangler
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
Rare Phangler was available to breed and purchase in the Market during these times:
- More TBA
- 22nd May to 26th May 2020, both 19:00 UTC.
Rare Phangler was available in the StarShop during these times:
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Phangler:
- Phangler (requires level 9)
- Fire Bush (level 5)
- Tree Forte Tower (level 17)
- Smunkin Patch (level 11) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Phangler.
To see how efficient Rare Phangler is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Phangler.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Phangler, see Monster Names.
- Rare Phangler was first released on August 10th 2019.
- Rare Phangler was teased in the Loading Screen for SummerSong 2019.
- It is the first Rare Monster to be in Fire Oasis.
- It appears to have a glitched idle animation, as its second hop is delayed and cut off before it starts again.
- Just like Rare Stogg, Rare Phangler's initial release did not come with a release of all other non-Fire Rare species.
- There is a glitch that was occurring after the release of Psychic Island, where Rare Phangler could be bred and incubated, but it cannot be placed or sold. It also doesn’t play its idle animation. Big Blue Bubble resolved the issue by allowing Rare Phangler to be placed on Psychic Island.
- Rare Phangler is the last Rare Monster to feature non-unique egg artworks. After September 25th 2019, all Rares and Epics had entirely new egg artworks.
- When it was released on Bone Island, it's singing animation had blue eyelids instead of brown eyelids, however in 2.4.1, this has now been fixed.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element