|“||If the element of Poison has a bit of a questionable reputation, this could be traced back to Rare Humbugs. Eschewing the typically amicable attitude of the common Ethereal, they seem to delight in injecting their venom into poor Torchle Trees. The joke's on them, though - the trees actually lap it up and grow stronger as a result!||”|
|— Official description|
The Rare Humbug is the second rarethereal monster, being introduced on May 13th 2016. Unlike its common counterpart, the Rare Humbug has more insectoid features, such as a fly's proboscis, compound eyes, and an extra pair of arms. It is also now autumn-orange and has two pairs of wings with one hole in each wing. The Rare Humbug is very expensive because, like all other Rarethereals, it can be bought for 1,500 diamonds in the Market.
- See Humbug.
Like all other Rares, Rare Humbug is only available for breeding during short time periods announced in the game.
Breeding on Earth Island
- + Quarrister and PomPom
- + Quarrister and Reedling
- + Quarrister and Clamble
- + Quarrister and Thumpies
Failed breeding results in a parent monster or Humbug. It is assumed that the Rare Humbug's chances of breeding are less than the common Humbug's. It is unknown if any factors other than Wishing Torches might affect the chance of success, such as breeding using Rare Quarrister and Rare 3-element.
Breeding on Ethereal Island
On Ethereal Island, breeding a Humbug with any other monster can result in a Rare Humbug instead of regular Humbug. A two-element Ethereal is a more likely outcome than the Rare Humbug. Once a Rare Humbug is available, breeding it with a regular Humbug to get more Rare Humbugs will avoid getting two element Ethereals in the way.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Rare Humbug, like all Rarethereals are only available for breeding and buying some of the time during special events, typically during the weekend. Examples:
- A selection of 2-3 Singles and Doubles.
- All 5 Singles
- All of them (Anniversary Month Celebration only)
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the shards earned per hour, as well as the maximum shards earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Humbug:
- Humbug (requires level 9)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10)
- Trumplite (level 11)
- Yum Yum Tree (level 18) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Humbug.
To see how efficient Rare Humbug is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Humbug.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Humbug, see Monster Names.
- The Rare Ethereal Monsters are nicknamed "Raretherals".
- Currently, it is not available from the StarShop.
- A Rare Humbug cannot be bred with a Humbug on Earth Island, although they can on Ethereal Island.
- Rare Humbug slightly resembles a mosquito.
- Like the Grumpyre and Rare Grumpyre, Rare Humbug has holes in its wings, yet flies without trouble.
- It appears that the Large Trees in Earth Island are called Torchle Trees, according to the teaser. The "unknown" tree appeared to have a gooey green substance on it, which matched the description of the Rare Humbug.
- It's possible they have a temper. If one looks closely on the Torchle Tree, they'll see a message that reads "Don't bug me".
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element