|“||The rare fuchsia color phase of the Furcorn is truly a sight to behold. Like the more common green plant-cold hybrid, its silky pelt is cold to the touch, but not unpleasantly so - sort of like the cold side of a pillow! Unique to the rare Furcorn, however, is the exotic flower that tips its headstalk - its shape evokes a lovely little bow.||”|
The Rare Furcorn has the same build as the usual Furcorn, but there are a few differences. The most noticeable is that it is now bright pink. It has purple toenails, and is fluffier at the cheeks. Its eyes are tinged yellow orange. It also has fewer teeth, and a magenta and lavender spotted flower, that is shaped like a bow, instead of a leaf at the end of the twig on its head.
- See Furcorn.
The Rare Furcorn monster can only can be bred or purchased during certain weekend events introduced in version 1.3.0. Its parentage is the same as the regular Furcorn. The only combination is:
On Shugabush Island, the Rare Furcorn can be purchased with diamonds, bred with Shugabush and Furcorn, or teleported from any other island it is found on once it reaches level 15.
Note that even when a special breeding weekend is happening, it is possible to get either a regular or Rare Furcorn.
Any kind of breeding attempt which includes a regular Furcorn may fail, and give a Rare Furcorn as a result instead of the regular Furcorn. This includes all of the breeding combinations that can't ever work in the usual way.
The Rare version of any monster can be used for breeding instead of the common version.
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
- All monsters that appear on a certain Island.
- All monsters with a specific element
- A seemingly random selection of a handful of Monsters.
In particular, they are likely to appear during Special Occasions.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Rare Furcorn:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
- See Furcorn.
To see how efficient Rare Furcorn is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- See Furcorn.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Rare Furcorn, see Monster Names.
The name "Furcorn" appears to be a combination of "furry" and "acorn," which is appropriate since it is a tiny, furry plant creature.
- Main article: Costumes
In October 2014, the Rare Furcorn dressed up with a "Jason mask" from the Friday the 13th movies. For 2015, the Rare Furcorn put on a Dr. Hannibal Lector mask, and it's ribbon turned red. For 2016 & 2017 Rare Furcorn repeated the 2014 Jason mask, except with blue highlights onit's mask and a blue ribbon. This was also repeated on April 13th-16th 2018, celebrating Friday 13th. On October 2018, there were a few adjustments to the costume, including a scratches and wear on the mask and a black bow. On September 13th-16th 2019, there was yet another remake of the costume, this time with the same pink bow, repeating that of the original 2014 version.
On December 15th, 2014, the Rare Furcorn dressed up with a red bow and red-and-white-striped socks. This was repeated for all subsequent seasons.
- Rare Furcorns were the first Rare Monsters to be available in the game.
- The egg and the sound of this monster are still the same as those of a Furcorn. This is because the creators planned to have something like "The Ugly Duckling", where there was one baby swan among all the usual baby ducks.
- One person asked about this egg issue and My Singing Monsters replied, "Hi there! There is no error - the eggs of Rare Monsters are designed to be the same as their Common counterparts. It's sort of like how the Ugly Duckling's egg looked like the duck eggs... until it hatched. Players will have to pay special attention to breeding and incubation times so that they know when a Rare is on its way!", meaning that the egg was meant to be the same as for a common Furcorn.
- They were the first Rare monster to have a costume.
- One of the default names for the Rare Furcorn is "Glittza", which appears to be a stylization of the word "Glitz", meaning "attractive in a showy and often superficial way". See also Monster Names for a list of other names.
- Rare Furcorns were re-offered on 17th January 2015, selected by a vote on the game's Facebook page.
- All Rare Furcorn Halloween dresses are reference to horror movies.
- Rare Furcorn is one of the last monsters to be available in the StarShop as part of a Rares Duet. The other is Rare Scups.
- Rare Furcorn and the common Furcorn are the first monsters to dress up out of season, on 13th April 2018 in celebrating Friday the 13th.
- It, alongside the common and Rare Punkletons, was released between 13th and 16th April 2018.
- The same applied with on July 13th to 16th 2018, but this time with in-season Hoola and Rare Hoola.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Rare Quad Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element