|“||A close relative of Smunkins, the Punkleton lays low for most of the year, with only its head poking above the soil. It is rumored to be the offspring of two Triple Element Monsters. For a limited time, it will wrench itself out of the ground, and attempt to spook other Monsters with its boisterous song! It apparently works, and easily-startled neighbors would do well to give it a wide berth.
This Monster, like all Seasonal Monsters, can only breed on the Seasonal Shanty.
The Punkleton is a skeletal monster. It has red, orange, and yellow leaves where its joints are, and a jack-o-lantern for a head.
The egg of the Punkleton resembles an actual pumpkin, or if looking at the Monster World, a Smunkin.
Voice actor: Dave Kerr
The Punkleton Monster's contribution to an island's song is an electronically-garbled vocal component that helps to set the tempo. It frantically chants "Ooga, booga, ooga-booga!" with a slight echo that goes to the beat as the Punkleton chants. The echo can't be heard on Gold Island, nor on Seasonal Shanty.
On Seasonal Shanty, it sounds quieter, likely due to having a different voice actor.
The Punkleton Monster can only be bred for a limited time during the Spooktacle season. Any Punkletons on Plant Island - or anytime on Seasonal Shanty - that are obtained during that time will stay unless they are sold. The combination is:
Seasonal Shanty: The Punkleton can be bred with any combination of the following Monsters:
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Punkleton, like all Seasonals are only available during their own season, a weekend Out-of-Season event (6 months apart) and the Anniversary Month Celebration. It is also available to breed at any time on Seasonal Shanty.
The Punkleton has been available on the following dates:
- In 2012, breeding began on October 24th and ended on October 31st.
- For 2013, breeding began on October 9th and ended on November 4th.
- For 2014, breeding started on October 15th and ended on November 4th for app players; for PC players, breeding started on Oct. 22, 2014 and ended on November 4th.
- For 2015, breeding started on October 15th and ended on November 3rd.
- For 2016, breeding started on October 14th and ended on November 1st.
- In 2017, breeding started on October 20th and ended on November 6th.
- In 2018, breeding started on October 17th and ended on November 5th.
- In 2019, breeding started on October 16th and ended on November 4th.
- In 2020, breeding started on October 14th and ended on November 5th.
- In 2021, breeding started October 13th and ended November 1st.
And some out-of-season special dates:
- From April 1st to April 4th, 2013.
- From September 12th to September 19th 2014.
- From April 15th to April 18th 2016.
- From April 21st to April 24th 2017 (alongside Rare Punkleton).
- From April 13th to April 16th 2018.
- (add more stuffs)
- From November 29th to December 2nd 2019 as a Black Friday promotion which applied to all Seasonals (excluding Rare and Epic variants).
- From April 17th to April 20th 2020 (alongside Rare and Epic Punkleton).
- From September 1st to October 5th 2020 (alongside Rare and Epic Punkleton).
- From December 19th 2020 to ?
- From April 29th to May 3rd 2021 (alongside Rare and Epic Punkleton).
- From September 1st to September 7th, 2021.
NOTE: Punkleton can only be bred or purchased on Plant Island during the available dates. Any Punkletons on Plant Island or The Colossingum that are obtained during that time will stay unless they are sold. However, Punkleton can be bought or bred on Seasonal Shanty at any time, though it is discounted when it is available on other islands. It is also obtainable via weekly Scratch Tickets on Plant Island.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Punkleton:
- Shrubb (requires level 9) ()
- Spooktacle Path (level 15) ()
- Tree Forte Tower (level 17)
- Smunkin Patch (level 11)
- Beeyoot Tree (level 8) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Punkleton is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Punkleton is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name is a portmanteau of "punkin" (which is a colloquialism for "pumpkin") and "skeleton". However, the correct pronunciation of "Punkleton" is Punk-ul-ton, rather than Punk-leh-ton.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Punkleton, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
75 (full price)
- The Punkleton was the first Seasonal monster introduced to the game.
- It was also the first Seasonal monster to be available out of season.
- Its sound on Gold Island is nearly identical to its sound on Plant Island. The only difference being that the Gold Island verse has less reverb.
- The tagline commonly associated with Punkleton’s release (like in 2017) reads "On Plant Island we call home, everyone hail to the Punkleton song!" in the Mailbox. This is a reference to The Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Punkleton is arguably one of the most sapient monsters, with its body being a human-shaped skeleton.
- Despite being centred around fall, Punkleton dislikes cold air.
- In older versions of the game, Punkleton did not have an element.
- So far, Punkleton has the lowest breeding time of any Seasonal monster.
- Punkleton produces the least amount of coins out of all Seasonal Monsters.
- There was a bug that claimed Punkleton and other Seasonals were available on Composer Island.
- The Punkleton's bio used to say that is was "impossible to breed it with any other monster", but with the release of Seasonal Shanty, it was changed to "This monster, like all Seasonal Monsters, can only be breed on the Seasonal Shanty."
- The Punkleton resembles a Pumpkin, making one of several monsters to be based off of food. The others are Mushaboom (Mushroom), Gobbleygourd (Turkey) and variants, Jam Boree (Birthday Cake), Scargo (Escargot), Rare Rootitoot (Carrot), Rare Ziggurab (Sponge Cake), Rare Yool (Melted Chocolate), Do (Onion), La (Again, Mushroom), Epic Deedge (Gumdrops), and Epic Schmoochle (Again, Melted Chocolate).
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element