|“||Aquatic Pummels are gill-breathers. They soak themselves regularly to suck in a fresh load of Water and seal their mouths with Plant membranes. Like Noggins, Pummels are closely in tune with the Earth.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Pummel is a triple-element Monster that is first unlocked on Plant Island. It is best obtained by breeding two monsters that have the combined elements of Earth, Water, and Plant. By default, its breeding time is 12 hours long. As a Triple Elemental, Pummel does not have a high coin production.
Instrument: Marching bass drum
The Pummel's contribution to an Island's song are different pitched marching bass drums. The Monster's two tongues end in calloused orbs that resemble the mallets on marching basses, which it uses to strike the plant membrane stretched across their open mouths. On Tribal Island, the Pummel smacks its membrane at an extremely fast pace, as if resembling a drum kit fill.
Pummel can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a Pummel in a breeding failure include:
- + Pummel and Rare Pummel
(Best choice, 100% chance of a Pummel if Rare Pummel is unavailable)
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Pummel:
- Toe Jammer (requires level 4) (, )
- Maw (level 4) ()
- Fossil-osaurus (level 17)
- Flappy Flag (level 9)
- Fuzzle Tree (level 13) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Limited time||20 (discounted) |
30 (full price)
Ol' 1-2 Thump
|Weekly Quest||25 (discounted)|
37 (full price)
|Always available||37,500 (discounted)|
56,250 (full price)
|Festival of Yay Series||25|
Used in Breeding
|Pummel is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Pummel eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Pummel eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Pummel, see Monster Names.
- One possible name for the Pummel is 'Jawz', a reference to the movie 'Jaws' and to the Pummel's shark-like appearance.
- Bruce is a reference to the shark from ‘Finding Nemo’.
- Hárkal is an Icelandic Fermented Shark.
- Pummel’s name comes from the verb "to pummel", due to the fact that the monster hits its plant membrane with its purple appendages to produce its contribution to an island's song. The word "pummel" means to strike repeatedly with the fists.
- The Pummel in the advertisement of My Singing Monsters was dark blue before the release of the game.
- Its baby variant in Dawn of Fire may be a reference to this, being that it is dark blue as well.
- The Monster has some resemblance to the concept Maw.
- It is unknown that how the Pummel's two tongues pierce through the membrane even though it's completely sealed to its mouth.
- Like the Fwog, the Pummel is an amphibian.
- Pummel's membrane is marked with a symbol that resembles the Glyphic path, or the Psychic element.
- Some people think that Pummel's tongues are feet, the upper arms are its ears, and the lower arms are its arms with hands at the ends of its arms.
- Pummel, Toe Jammer, Maw, Spunge, Scups, Barrb, Nebulob, Jellbilly, Blipsqueak, and Plixie are the only monsters with a liquid interior.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element