|“||Aquatic Pummels are gill-breathers. They soak themselves regularly to suck in a fresh load of water and seal their mouths with Plant membranes. Like Noggins, Pummels are closely in tune with the Earth.||”|
The Pummel closely resembles that of a periwinkle shark or piranha that has evolved to have arms and legs with teeth. It has two tongues with balled ends that are more like feet and a large plant membrane in its mouth, and gills and a dorsal fin, similar to that of a shark. Its body is colored cyan while its tongues are purple.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by swinging its hands in the air and moving its tongues.
Instrument: Marching bass drum
The Pummel's contribution to an Island's song are different pitched marching bass drums. The Monster's two tongues end in calloused orbs that resemble the mallets on marching basses, which it uses to strike the plant membrane stretched across their open mouths. On Tribal Island, the Pummel smacks its membrane at an extremely fast pace, as if resembling a drum kit fill.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Pummel:
- Toe Jammer (requires level 4) (, )
- Maw (level 4) ()
- Fossil-osaurus (level 17)
- Flappy Flag (level 9)
- Fuzzle Tree (level 13) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Pummel is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Pummel eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5||Wublin 6||Wublin 7|
|6 eggs||4 eggs||4 eggs||6 eggs||8 eggs||2 eggs||12 eggs|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Pummel eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Pummel eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3||Celestial 4||Celestial 5||Celestial 6|
|5 eggs||4 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||2 eggs||2 eggs|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Pummel eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Pummel is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- The name "Pummel" may come from the verb "to pummel", due to the fact that the monster hits its plant membrane with its purple appendages to produce its contribution to an island's song. The word "pummel" means to strike repeatedly with the fists.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Pummel, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
In October 2015, the Pummel dressed up as Beetlejuice with an added pumpkin on its mouth. Its body has black and white stripes covering its body, arms, legs, and tongues. It has green hands and feet and a green wig. This outfit was repeated for every subsequent season.
On December 2nd, 2016, the Pummel dressed up. This was the first time that the Pummel put on an outfit for the Yay season. It has a red hat, red mittens and red, green and white striped tongues. It has a snowflake on its drum. This was repeated in all subsequent seasons.
- The Pummel in the advertisement of My Singing Monsters was dark blue before the release of the game.
- Its baby variant in Dawn of Fire may be a reference to this, being that it is dark blue as well.
- The Monster has some resemblance to the concept Maw.
- It is unknown that how the Pummel's two tongues pierce through the membrane even though it's completely sealed to its mouth.
- Like the Fwog, the Pummel is an amphibian.
- One possible name for the Pummel is 'Jawz', a reference to the movie 'Jaws' and to the Pummel's shark-like appearance.
- Another possible name, Bruce, is a reference to the shark from ‘Finding Nemo’.
- Another possible name, Hárkal, is the word ‘Shark’ in Icelandic, also referencing Pummel's Shark-like appearance.
- Pummel's membrane is marked with a symbol that resembles the Glyphic path, or the Psychic element.
- Some people think that Pummel's tongues are feet, the upper arms are its ears, and the lower arms are its arms with hands at the ends of its arms.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Double Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element