|“||This wriggly sprout bursts with energy. It must be loosely tied to a stick as a reminder to stay in its container. A foolish Potbelly that has accidentally rooted in the ground is an absurd botheration to sort out.||”|
|“||The mature Potbelly enjoys increased mobility and lives stick-free. While it does occasionally wander around bare-rooted, other Monsters know to stay clear of its undulating tendrils.||”|
|“||This Potbelly returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! Its leafy growth and clay pot have been altered at the molecular level to become sluglike offshoots and a glass jar - extraordinary!||”|
The Potbelly is a monster in My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire, returning from the original game. The baby Potbelly is a small green plant with two heads that sit in a planter box, tied to a stick. As an adult, it sits in its trademark flower pot, as it does in the original game, only this time it has fangs instead of regular teeth.
For its prismatic forms, Potbelly transforms from a potted plant to a sea slug monster living on a glass jar. Each prismatic form is based on a species of sea slugs.
- The Red Prismatic Potbelly has yellow stripes going down its back and around the rings, as well as 4 horns on each mouth.
- The Orange Prismatic Potbelly has blowtorch-like, blunt spikes going down its back, as well as 2 horns on the top of each mouth. The rings are also purple. It could be based on the Jorunna parva (otherwise known as the Sea Bunny Slug)
- The Yellow Prismatic Potbelly has blue atenna, blue rings, blue hair on its stem, yellow flaps and blue streaks on the side of its belly, and two long blunt horns on each mouth. It could be based on the Tambja verconis (otherwise known as Verco's Nudibranch)
- The Green Prismatic Potbelly has orange rings, 3 small orange (one is black) twigs near the top of the main mouth, a dual small orange sail on the side of the belly, and two small horns on the top of each head. It could be based on the Nembrotha kubaryana (otherwise known as the Variable Neon Slug)
- The Blue Prismatic Potbelly has red rings, small speckles near the top of its belly, and four spots going outwards with some feathery appendages. It could be based on the Glaucus atlanticus (otherwise known as the Blue Dragon Slug)
- The Purple Prismatic Potbelly has green rings, a sail going down its back and on the side side f its belly, and two long horns on each mouth. There are also two small hairs on the bottom of each mouth that are curving. It could be based on the Hypselodoris bullockii (otherwise known as the Purple Volcano Slug)
Voice actor: Matthew J. Stewart
The Potbelly's contribution to an island's song is a two-part harmony of nasal, staccato vocals that go "bup" or "bawmp".
A Potbelly cannot be bred, except for when it's the result of a breeding failure. Otherwise, it can only be bought for 300 coins.
The Potbelly will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Potbelly can be teleported to Space Island at Level 10 for a reward of 2 diamonds, or Party Island for a reward of 2 Diamonds. Teleport time for Potbelly is 7 hours to Space Island and 5 minutes to Party Island.
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Potbelly is available for transformation on Outer Islands, An Adult Potbelly can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
- Main article: Special Occasions/DoF
- The baby Potbelly is tied to a stick similarly to how some plants are tied to a stick to keep them upright while they grow. However, their bio states that the stick is there to keep them in the planter.
- For some reason, there seems to be holes in the Baby Potbelly's pot.
- The Prismatics were announced on 11th January 2020, on 19:00 UTC, scheduled to be released 24 hours later.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|