|“||Potbellies are all Plant, and grow like weeds. They are welcome participants in the chorus, so long as they wear their pots and refrain from invading others' space.||”|
The Potbelly resembles a green carnivorous plant in a cracked terracotta pot. It has two mouths and a stem-like thick belly.
When the monster is idle, it stays in tempo by swaying back and forth in its pot.
Voice actor: Matthew J. Stewart
The Potbelly's contribution to an Island's song is a two-part harmony of nasal, staccato vocals that go "bup" or "bawmp". The smaller of the Potbelly's two heads frequently takes a solo line, riffing on the larger head's steady line. On Fire Haven, it sings "shicka bawmp" instead of just "bawmp." This is the only Island where it does this.
The Potbelly's vocals range from A#2 to D4, making it a baritone.
The Potbelly becomes available for purchase in the Market at Level 9. They can also be produced by breeding an unstable combination between a Potbelly and another monster.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Potbelly:
- T-Rox (requires level 7) ()
- Congle (level 7) ()
- Reedling (level 9) (, , )
- Phangler (level 9) ()
- Shugarock (level 9) ()
- Eerie Remains (level 14)
- Wild Bagpipe (level 7)
- Bloofi Tree (level 12) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Potbelly is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" Potbelly eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of Potbelly eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Potbelly eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3||Celestial 4||Celestial 5||Celestial 6||Celestial 7|
|20 eggs||16 eggs||16 eggs||10 eggs||12 eggs||10 eggs||6 eggs|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Potbelly eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Potbelly is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
- Plant Island, Cold Island, Water Island, Earth Island, Fire Haven, Psychic Island, Shugabush Island, Psychic Island
Potbelly monsters, as stated above, have fat, bloated stems resembling a belly, complete with belly button - and are kept in cracked flower pots - hence the name "pot belly".
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Potbelly, see Monster Names. One of the possible nicknames for Potbelly, "Audrey", is a reference to the carnivorous plant Audrey II from the musical Little Shop of Horrors.
- Main article: Costumes
In December 2014, the Potbelly dressed up in Santa hats, a ribbon, and a gold pot. For the 2015 season, the Potbelly's leaves turned red. This was repeated for all subsequent seasons.
- The Potbelly's song changes when a Shrubb is placed on Plant Island and if the Potbelly is not muted, one of its heads sings with the Shrubb at the beginning. The same also happens with Punkleton and the Dipsters.
- Potbelly, along with Mammott, appears on the most Islands out of all Monsters in the original game, at 10 Islands maximum.
- Sometimes a Potbelly will jump up out of its pot, during which some small leaves and roots on its underside can be briefly seen.
- The Potbelly sounded different in the pre-release advertisements.
- One of the possible nicknames for Potbelly, "Audrey", is a reference to the carnivorous plant Audrey II from the musical Little Shop of Horrors.
- Another one of its names, "Duosion", is not only a combination of "duo" and "fusion", because of the Potbelly's two heads, but also happens to be a name of a Pokémon.
- Excluding Air Island, Tribal Island, Gold Island, Composer Island, Fire Oasis, Faerie Island, and Bone Island. Potbelly is available in the most Islands, as it goes to Plant Island, Water Island, Cold Island, Earth Island, Shugabush Island, Fire Haven, and Psychic Island.
- In the feast-ember trailer, they could be heard grunting before they fell. (RA-MA-MA-WHA-BAP!)
- Cantorell and Clackula look similar to Potbelly because of their multiple heads (or fake heads in the case of Clackula) and because they all occupy a 1x1 area.
- Potbelly can not be teleported to Shugabush Island or placed on Gold Island if it is on Fire Haven and Psychic Island.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element