|“||The PomPom grows brilliant pink plumes by eating only foods that are red. The pelt may grow to be very long. While dancing and emitting its strident cry, the PomPom is an arresting sight.||”|
PomPom is a triple-element Monster that is first unlocked on Air Island. It is best obtained by breeding two monsters that have the combined elements of Earth, Cold, and Air. By default, its breeding time is 12 hours long. As a Triple Elemental, PomPom does not have a high coin production.
Voice actress: Maggie Park
The PomPom Monster's contribution to an island's song is a high-spirited cheer that adds to the melody, and differs by island:
- Air Island — Hey Nana, Hey Nana, Hey Nana, Hey Na, Hey, Low!
- Earth Island — Yippee Yay, Yippee Yo, Yippee Yay Yippee Yay Yippee Yo Do.
- Gold Island — Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay; Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo / Yo yo yo yo nana, yo yo yo yo yay.
- Shugabush Island - Gimmie Wop, Gimmie Wop, Gimmie Wop Gimmie Wop Gimmie Wop Wop.
- Composer Island --- Hey!
- Memory Game –– Low!
- On Tribal Island, it sings "Come on, let's go!"
Pompom can also be bred in a breeding failures. Some combinations that result in a PomPom in a breeding failure include:
- + PomPom and Rare PomPom
(Best choice, 100% chance of a PomPom if Rare PomPom is unavailable)
On Shugabush Island, the PomPom must either be purchased with diamonds or teleported from any other island it is found on (not including Gold) once it reaches level 15.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by PomPom:
- Fwog (requires level 7) ()
- Dandidoo (level 9) ()
- Shugarock (level 9) ()
- Directions to Nowhere (level 9)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18)
- Toob (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Always available||37,500 (discounted)|
56,250 (full price)
|Always available||15 (discounted)|
22 (full price)
|Weekly Quest||30 (discounted)|
45 (full price)
|Fandemonium Series||37,500 (discounted)|
56,250 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|PomPom is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" PomPom eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5||Wublin 6|
|4 eggs||6 eggs||4 eggs||4 eggs||1 egg||4 eggs|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of PomPom eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" PomPom eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3||Celestial 4||Celestial 5||Celestial 6|
|3 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||1 egg||1 egg|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of PomPom eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for PomPom, see Monster Names.
- The nickname choice of Buffy is a reference to the [the Vampire Slayer] film and TV series, where the titular character was a cheerleader.
- PomPom’s name comes from the pompoms it holds in its hands.
- The PomPom's liking of red food is probably a reference to the South American bird Scarlet Ibis, which gets its bright red color from the red shrimps that compose its diet. The same is true of flamingoes.
- The PomPom is also shown in the game My PomPom, released on November 12th 2014.
- It is the first Triple-Element monster which can be brought to more than six islands
- Others now include Reedling (Fire Haven), and Congle (Fire Oasis).
- The correct spelling of the monster's name is "PomPom", not "Pompom", though it's sometimes hard to tell the difference because of the fonts used by the games. Messages from BBB on social media use the bicapitalized ("CamelCase") form pretty consistently.
- Usually, the PomPom's top row of teeth are hidden, but on Earth Island the PomPom occasionally shows a full smile.
- PomPom was the first ever monster to speak English phrases.
- The PomPom uses English words rather than its normally obscure vocalizations on Tribal Island ("Come on, let's go!"). In My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire, it uses English words on the Continent ("Hey, everybody, hey, let's go!") and on Cloud Island ("Shake it to the left, shake it to the right" etc.)
- The "Yippie Yay" as heard from Earth Island appears in some of My Singing Monster's Facebook posts.
- It was not known for sure whether or not if the PomPom's pompoms are attached to its hands. In this Facebook link, it shows a PomPom carrying a letter from Hoola, showing PomPom with a pompom as it holds the letter. However, in the game "My PomPom", the mini-game "the juggling game" shows the PomPom with bare hands. However, during the Extra-Life 2021 Live Stream, Monster-Handler Matt confirmed that the pompoms are separate and Hoola has hands; which can be seen in the My Singing Monsters: Playground game.
- The PomPom has 8 look-alikes so far: Rare Pompom, Epic Pompom, Hoola, Rare Hoola, Epic Hoola, Sooza, Rare Sooza, and Rooba.
- All of these PomPom cousins or relatives have 2 letter 'O's in their names.
- According to Rooba's description, these look-alikes are called "coif-calfed".
- A group of PomPoms is called a squad.
- In the game "My PomPom", PomPom has hands.
- In the game "Jammer Splash", PomPom is referred to as she/her in her avatar description.
- PomPom was the first member of The Pomily.
- PomPom is the only member of the Pomily not to follow a "oo" naming pattern that Sooza, Hoola, Rooba and TooToo follow.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element