|“||The PomPom grows brilliant pink plumes by eating only foods that are red. The pelt may grow to be very long. While dancing and emitting its strident cry, the PomPom is an arresting sight.||”|
The PomPom is a pink furry humanoid creature with pink pompoms. Its legs, arms, and feet are peach with orange stripes, and on its legs it has pink fur resembling leg warmers. Its "hair" is tied into two pigtails at the sides of its head and it has a tuft of pink sticking out at the top. It looks and behaves much like a human cheerleader.
When this monster is idle, it stays in tempo by marching in place and periodically jumping in cheer.
Voice actress: Maggie Park
The PomPom Monster's contribution to an island's song is a high-spirited cheer that adds to the melody, and differs by island:
- Air Island — Hey Nana, Hey Nana, Hey Nana, Hey Na, Hey, Low!
- Earth Island — Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo, Yippitie Yay Yippitie Yay Yippitie Yo Yo.
- Gold Island — Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay; Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo / Yo yo yo yo nana, yo yo yo yo yay.
- Shugabush Island — Gimmie Wop, Gimmie Wop, Gimmie Wop Gimmie Wop Gimmie Wop Wop.
- Tribal Island — Come on let's go! Come on, come on let's go!
- Composer Island --- Hey!
- Memory Game –– Low!
- On Tribal Island, The song varies by language
On Shugabush Island, the PomPom must either be purchased with diamonds or teleported from any other island it is found on (not including Gold) once it reaches level 15.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by PomPom:
- Fwog (requires level 7) ()
- Dandidoo (level 9) ()
- Shugarock (level 9) ()
- Directions to Nowhere (level 9)
- Bottomless Pit (level 18)
- Toob (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|PomPom is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Wublin Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other monsters (particularly monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins can be used to "dispose of" PomPom eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Wublin 1||Wublin 2||Wublin 3||Wublin 4||Wublin 5||Wublin 6|
|4 eggs||6 eggs||4 eggs||4 eggs||1 egg||4 eggs|
Note that bred monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublin statues; active Wublins do not accept monster eggs. Also note that inactive Wublin statues to which you have already disposed the number of PomPom eggs that Wublin accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" PomPom eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2||Celestial 3||Celestial 4||Celestial 5||Celestial 6|
|3 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||3 eggs||1 egg||1 egg|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of PomPom eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient PomPom is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "PomPom" references the colorful pompoms in the monsters' hands.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for PomPom, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
On October 24th, 2013, The PomPom disguised itself as a green alien. It has blue limbs, with antennae instead of pigtails and eyes on it's pom-poms. This outfit was repeated for the 2014 season. For the 2015 season, the PomPom turned red and its skeletal system was visible, with black and white arms, spikier pompoms and a skull resembling those used on the Day of the Dead on it's face. This outfit was repeated for every subsequent season.
- PomPom is often thought to be spelled "Pom-Pom".
- The PomPom's liking of red food is probably a reference to the South American bird Scarlet Ibis, which gets its bright red color from the red shrimps that compose its diet. The same is true of flamingoes.
- The PomPom is also shown in the game My PomPom, released on November 12th 2014.
- It is the only Triple-Element monster which can be brought to more than 3 islands (other than the natural islands and Gold Island). Shugabush Island is the fourth.
- The correct spelling of the monster's name is "PomPom", not "Pompom", though it's sometimes hard to tell the difference because of the fonts used by the games. Messages from BBB on social media use the bicapitalized ("CamelCase") form pretty consistently.
- Usually, the PomPom's top row of teeth are hidden, but on Earth Island the PomPom occasionally shows a full smile.
- PomPom was the first ever monster to speak English (unless you count Shugabush's "Yeah, yeah, yeah!" as English").
- The PomPom uses English words rather than its normally obscure vocalizations on Tribal Island ("Come On Let's Go"). In My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire, it uses English words on the Continent ("Hey Everybody, Hey Lets Go") and on Cloud Island ("Shake It To The Left --- Shake It To The Right" etc.)
- The "Yippie Yay" as heard from Earth Island appears in some of My Singing Monster's Facebook posts.
- This is the only Triple-Element natural with the element air that sings (not including the ones in Dawn of Fire). However, the Congle sings on the Tribal Island, coincidentally with the PomPom.
- It is not known for sure whether PomPoms carry pompoms or if the pompoms are their own tufts. In this Facebook link, it shows a PomPom carrying a letter from Hoola, showing PomPom with a pompom as it holds the letter. However, the game My PomPom with the mini-game "the juggling game" shows the PomPom with bare hands.
- The PomPom has 7 look-alikes so far: Rare Pompom, Epic Pompom, Hoola, Rare Hoola, Epic Hoola Sooza, and Rooba.
- All of these PomPom cousins or relatives have 2 letter 'O's in their names.
- A plushie version of the PomPom is available in Amazon, as seen in this link. More information about the PomPom can be seen on that same link too.
- The nickname choice of Buffy is a reference to the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer film, where the titular character was a cheerleader.
- A group of PomPoms is called a squad.
- In the game, My PomPom, PomPom has hands
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element