|“||The daring Plinkajou will risk life and limb in the paleontological pursuit of osseous treasures. Its play-hensile tail gives it the agility it needs to climb the tallest boulders and cling to crumbling cliff sides without fear. Not once has a Plinkajou been caught losing its footing! Instead, it descends to its ground-level den of its own accord for playtime, when it bats at its favorite fossilized findings to make tinkling little tunes.||”|
Plinkajou is an orange, furry monster with yellow spots and fur on its back, yellow hair, a circular mouth, and a long tail with more yellow fur on the tip. It is lying on its back on some green leaves and a few bones, with its tail over the rest of its body. Tied on its tail are four bones, a small bone, a medium bone, a long bone, and a skull.
Instrument: Wind chimes
Plinkajou plays by tapping the bones on its tail with its feet. The bones chime, similar to wind chimes, and the sound gets deeper going from smallest bone to skull.
The following pairs of Double Element Monsters can be used to breed a Plinkajou:
However, the combination of a 3-element with a 1-element monster has a higher rate of success:
Out of the breeding options, Noggin + Banjaw would be the most efficient due to the lowest breeding time if you fail to breed Plinkajou.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in this article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Plinkajou:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Plinkajou is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Plinkajou is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The Plinkajou's name is a portmanteau of "Plink", "Kinkajou" and possibly "Jouer", the french word for "Play".
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Plinkajou, see Monster Names.
- Plinkajou was the third Magical Quad Element to be released.
- Despite the Monster having aspects of plants, Plinkajou does not have the Plant Element. The same can be said about Clavi Gnat and Hawlo.
- Despite having Kinkajou in its name (or having default names like Potos which is the genus of the kinkajou as well of Ringtayl and Otringo which probably reference the ringtail cat and olingos respectively, all cousins of raccoons which all of them are procyonids, one of the families of caniforms, dog-like carnivores alongside canines, bears, pinnipeds, mustelids, skunks, and the red panda), the way Plinkajou plays its song references a natural instinct of cats which is playing with string.
- Also, one of its default names is Fossa, a feliform, a cat-like carnivore, like hyenas, felines, mongoose, viverrids, and euplerids which the fossa belongs to. "Fossa" is also the name of the genus of the striped civet which is also a euplerid. Another one of its default names is Jangluar which is a corrupted version of the word "Jaguar", a big cat. A third one is Plynx which is just the word "Lynx" with a "P" and finally, a fourth one is Saburtoot which is basically a reference to the saber-tooth tiger (also known as the Smilodon), a prehistoric feline. However, even if Ringtayl can be a reference to the ringtail cat (a procyonid like a kinkajou or a raccoon), it can also reference the ringtail mongoose (a euplerid like a fossa)
- It is also worth noting that Plinkajou's yellow hair is similar to a lion's mane.
Rare Double Element
Rare Triple Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element