|“||If Periscorp's eyes look familiar, you must have gazed upon the pupils of Psychic Island's Critters! Periscorps share a feed with those all-seeing eyeballs, storing its favorite footage within its gelatinous dorsal sacs. When these sacs are agitated by Periscorp's dual stingers, they play a brief soundbite from their stored footage - who knew the Psychic Island Critters had ears, too?||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Periscorp is a triple-element Magical Monster exclusive to Psychic Island. It was added on September 25th, 2019 during Version 2.3.2. It is best obtained by breeding Yuggler and Toe Jammer. By default, its breeding time is 16 hours long. As a Triple Elemental, Periscorp has a somewhat decent coin production.
Instrument: Synthesized drum kit
It is a living synthesized drum kit. When its scorpion-like stingers hit its colourful pads, it plays a synth bass-like sound as if they were Tom-Drums. It plays hi-hats by moving its lightbulb parts and shaking its legs for a synth sounding maraca, and jumps up and down for a synth sounding snare. In addition, it also opens and closes its mouth for a synth sounding cymbal.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Periscorp:
- Poppette (requires level 9)
- Inverdigus Fern (level 25)
- Dragon Tower (level 20)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Periscorp is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Uuduk can be used to "dispose of" Periscorp eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Uuduk; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Periscorp eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Periscorp, see Monster Names.
- Periscorp’s name is likely a portmanteau of “periscope”, and “scorpion”.
- Periscorp's eyes loosely resemble the floating eyes around Psychic Island. This is even noted in its description.
- Periscorp's movements resemble a Peacock Spider's courtship dance, along with the two rods that resemble how the spider raises its last pair of legs during the dance.
- One of its possible names is Insectro, despite peacock spiders and scorpions both being arachnids, not insects.
- Periscorp is the third monster to only show its idle animation in the shop or after muting and unmuting it. The first was Creepuscule and the second was Loodvigg. It can also apply to Woolabee, but only on Cloud Island in Dawn of Fire.
- Periscorp's beta design is colored red with a cartoony style.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element