|“||A flock of colorful birds plucking the instrument of a willing little Monster? It may sound familiar, yet the Peckidna evolved independently from the woolen Monster you know and love thanks to its unique habitat and Elemental make-up. The caring Peckidna crawls beneath the bellies of itchy-tummied giants and uses its spines to scritch and scratch away. Its shell not only provides a cozy place to get some 'me time', but also a layer of protection from any flaky skin that may fall from the Monster above!||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Peckidna is a double-element Magical Monster exclusive to Bone Island. It was added on April 8th, 2020 during Version 2.3.9. It is best obtained by breeding Noggin and Clackula. By default, its breeding time is 9 hours long. As a Double Elemental, Peckidna does not have a high coin production.
Voice actor: Unknown
Peckidna sings “Yaah...Yatta-Yatta” in a nasal-like voice. When it doesn’t sing, the birds tap the long spikes to create a sound akin to a marimba or a xylophone.
Note that breeding a double element Bone elemental is not a guaranteed success, as with all other Fire/Magical double elementals.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Peckidna:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Peckidna is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Peckidna eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Peckidna eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Peckidna, see Monster Names.
- Peckidna's name is a portmanteau of the words "Peck", which the birds on its back do, and "Echidna", which is the animal the Monster is based on.
- The Peckidna resembles the Woolabee. This is even stated in its bio.
- The Peckidna is one of the few monsters to both sing and play an instrument, along with Congle, Shugabush, Yool, Fluoress, Attmoz, and Glaishur,.
- However, out of all those monsters, Peckidna is the only one to never sing and play an instrument at the same time.
- Even as Peckidna is mostly based on the echidna, it also takes some elements of the turtle, notably their shell. In turtles, their shell is the body equivalent of a rib cage as seen here and due to the bone element, this might also apply for Peckidna.
- One of its automatic names, Nuccles, is a reference to Knuckles, a Sonic The Hedgehog character who is also based on an Echidna.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element