|“||An Oaktopus sapling is especially sprightly, zipping about on supple tentacles. It spends plenty of time in the water, buoyed by a crown of algae-like bubbles. This dearie loves polished stones; it's fortunate it doesn't have a nose to put them in!||”|
|“||A respected forest elder, the Oaktopus need only occasionally dip tentacles in a pond for refreshment. Its once tender foliage has toughened, and it can remain earthbound indefinitely. Still, it leads a balanced lifestyle and enjoys the best of both worlds.||”|
|“||This Oaktopus returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! If you thought that this Monster's powerful tentacles were well-suited to propel it through water before its alteration at the molecular level, its new gills and other hydrodynamic features cement its place as an aquatic creature - extraordinary!||”|
As a baby, it has short tentacle roots, a beard and no nose. It has a single tooth sticking out of its upper lip. It has smaller leaves in a shape similar to an afro haircut.
As an adult, it has the same appearance from My Singing Monsters, but with better graphic designs and animation.
Prismatic Oaktopi completely remove their normal versions plant parts and go completely aquatic with smooth skin, gills, eyes that real life sea creatures may have, etc.
- Red Prismatic Oaktopi have red blob-like pupils. They also have a blue moustache above their mouth, a narwhal-like horn, and scales on their stomach that resembles a sea turtle's shell.
- Orange Prismatics Oaktopi have eyes near the side of their head. They have fringes on top of their heads that resemble the fins of some sea slugs and green lines along the sides of their stomach near the gills.
- Yellow Prismatic Oaktopi have pure black shiny eyes on the end of two large bulges. On the top of their head is a fin that goes down the Oaktopi back. On their stomach area they have many randomly placed red scales
- Green Prismatic Oaktopi have one large eyes that looks like it's separate into two eyes much like how bacteria multiply. They have a cap that resembles a mushroom or jellyfish and two tentacles that stick out of the side of their head.
- Blue Prismatic Oaktopi have two yellow bulging eyes with a single fin on their forehead. They also have yellow almost golden circular scales sparsely placed around the body
- Purple Prismatic Oaktopi have four weirdly shaped orange eyes. They have tentacles coming out of the back of their head that resembles hair and very few tiny orange scales on their stomach.
Voice actor: Matthew J. Stewart
The Oaktopus sings in a somewhat raspy way, singing higher as a sapling (young tree). As an adult, it sings in a way that is similar to how to Oaktopus sang in the original game, singing low and in its distinct raspy voice, although singing "doo" instead of how it sang in the original game.
- Continent: "Dop didi yup diddy day dop day da dop didi dup did yup didi yup didi do! Dop didi yup diddy day dop day da dup didididididi do!"
- Cloud Island: "Ah-root-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo" multiple times
- Party Island: Doon Deh Doon Deh, Doony Doony A Doon Deh Doon Deh Doon Deh Tooroo Tooroo Too!
The Oaktopus can be bred with a combination of Water and Plant. The breeding combination of Oaktopus is:
The Oaktopus will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Oaktopus can be teleported to both Party Island and Cloud Island. When fed to Level 15 for a reward of 4 diamonds. Teleport time for Oaktopus is 10 hours. When fed to Level 5 for a reward of 2 diamonds . Teleport time for Oaktopus is 5 minutes
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Oaktopus is available for transformation on Outer Islands, an adult Oaktopus can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
The name is a portmanteau of oak and octopus.
- Main article: Special Occasions/DoF
Festival of Yay
For Festival of Yay, the Oaktopus wears red-and-white striped knit stockings with bells on its tentacles.
- Oaktopus' song was extended in the 1.2.0 Update.
- Oaktopus only has a nose as an adult.
- There was a bug where all of the Prismatic Oaktopi have their mouths open, making a face that looks similar to PogChamp, when idle. This was later fixed in the 2.8 update.
- Oaktopus and Drumpler are the only two non-Fire monsters to have a Yay costume in Dawn of Fire but not in the original game.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|