|“||An Oaktopus sapling is especially sprightly, zipping about on supple tentacles. It spends plenty of time in the water, buoyed by a crown of algae-like bubbles. This dearie loves polished stones; it's fortunate it doesn't have a nose to put them in!||”|
|“||A respected forest elder, the Oaktopus need only occasionally dip tentacles in a pond for refreshment. Its once tender foliage has toughened, and it can remain earthbound indefinitely. Still, it leads a balanced lifestyle and enjoys the best of both worlds.||”|
|“||This Oaktopus returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! If you thought that this Monster's powerful tentacles were well-suited to propel it through water before its alteration at the molecular level, its new gills and other hydrodynamic features cement its place as an aquatic creature - extraordinary!||”|
As a baby, it has short tentacle roots, a beard and no nose. It has a single tooth sticking out of its upper lip. It has smaller leaves in a shape similar to an afro haircut.
As an adult,it has the same appearance from My Singing Monsters, but with better graphic designs and animation.
Voice actor: Matthew J. Stewart
The Oaktopus sings in a somewhat raspy way, singing higher as a sapling (young tree). As an adult, it sings in a way that is similar to how to Oaktopus sang in the original game, singing low and in its distinct raspy voice, although singing "doo" instead of how it sang in the original game.
- Continent: "Dop didi yup diddy day dop day da dop didi dup did yup didi yup didi do! Dop didi yup diddy day dop day da dup didididididi do!"
- Cloud Island: "Ah-root-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo" multiple times
- Party Island: Doon Deh Doon Deh, Doony Doony A Doon Deh Doon Deh Doon Deh Tooroo Tooroo Too!
The Oaktopus can be bred with a combination of Water and Plant. The breeding combination of Oaktopus is:
The Oaktopus will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Oaktopus can be teleported to both Party Island and Cloud Island. When fed to Level 15 for a reward of 4 diamonds. Teleport time for Oaktopus is 10 hours. When fed to Level 5 for a reward of 2 diamonds . Teleport time for Oaktopus is 5 minutes
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Oaktopus is available for transformation on Outer Islands, an adult Oaktopus can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
The name is a portmanteau of oak and octopus.
- Main article: Special Occasions/DoF
Festival of Yay
For Festival of Yay, the Oaktopus wears red-and-white striped knit stockings with bells on its tentacles.
- Oaktopus' song was extended in the 1.2.0 Update.
- Oaktopus only has a nose as an adult.
- In DOF, the Oaktopus actually takes a shorter time to breed than in the original game.
- Its breeding time and selling price are also lower than that of the other Double-Elementals that unlock at levels 5 and 7.
- There is currently a bug where all of the Prismatic Oaktopi have their mouths open, making a face that looks similar to PogChamp, when idle.
- Oaktopus and Drumpler are the only two non-Fire monsters to have a Yay costume in Dawn of Fire but not in the original game.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|