|“||This amphibious hybrid of Plant and Water is comfortable in any environment. The Monster's 'roots' are actually powerful tentacles that carry the Oaktopus rapidly across landscapes, and propel it efficiently through water.||”|
Oaktopus is a double-element Monster that is first unlocked on Plant Island. It is best obtained by breeding Potbelly and Toe Jammer. By default, its breeding time is 8 hours long. As a Double Elemental, Oaktopus does not have a high coin production.
Voice actor: Matthew J. Stewart
On Plant Island, the Oaktopus contributes to the song by harmonizing with "Eh-shooweh-dooweh-dooh, eh-shooweh-dooweh-dooh, eh-shooweh-dooweh-dooh, shooweh-dooweh-dooh" in a low, raspy voice.
On Cold Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shoop shoop shoowep, shooweh-deeh-dooh".
On Water Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shooweh-dooweh-dooh, eh-shooweh-dooweh-dooh, eh-shooweh-dooweh-dooh, eh-shooweh-dooweh-daysh" also in a low, raspy voice.
On Psychic Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shoooooooo-dooooooo-doooooooo-doo, Shoooooo-dooooooo-doooooo-dooo, Shoooooo-dooooooo-DOOOOOOOOOO-doooooooo-dooooo..."
On Shugabush Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shooweh-dooweh-dooweh-day, shooweh-dooweh-dooh".
On Tribal Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shooweh-dooweh-day, shooweh-dooh-owww, shooweh-dooweh-day, shooweh-dooh-wowww".
On Gold Island, the Oaktopus sings "Shooweh-dehday, eh-shooweh-dehday, shooweh-deh-dayDAYday, shooweh-dehday, eh-shooweh-dehdaydayday...".
During Composer Island, attempting to add a sharp to the B4 note becomes a low "wuh" note and attempting to add a flat to the C2 note becomes a high "shoo" note.
On Shugabush Island, the Oaktopus must either be purchased with diamonds or teleported from any Natural Island once it reaches level 15.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Oaktopus:
- Fwog (requires level 7) (, )
- Clamble (level 9) ()
- Thumpies (level 9) ()
- Rootitoot (level 9) ()
- Shugabass (level 9) ()
- Reflecting Pool (level 6)
- Trumplite (level 11)
- Spurrit Statue (level 15) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Weekly Versus Match||20 (discounted)|
30 (full price)
|Weekly Quest||20 (discounted)|
30 (full price)
|Always available||25,000 (discounted)|
37,500 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|Oaktopus is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels can be used to "dispose of" Oaktopus eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins, Celestials, and Vessels; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Oaktopus eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Oaktopus, see Monster Names.
- Arlo - Spanish name for barberry tree
- Barkley - Bark, charactar from Sesame Street
- Eldritch - Meaning "weird" or ghostly". Oaktopus is a singing tree, so it fits well
- Grover - A possible combination of Grover, grove, and grow
- Knotty - Tree knots
- Orrick - Corkir, a tree lichen
- Pomona - Roman goddess of orchards
- Redlin - Terry Redlin, a nature artist
- Rooty - Roots
- Sapps - Sap
- Shoob - What the Oaktopus sings
- Sloar - Solar, as in photosynthesis
- Timbre - Timber and timbre, a vocal tone
- Whittler - Whittling
- Oaktopus’ name is a portmanteau between Oak Tree and Octopus.
- The Oaktopus’ face resembles that of Treebeard from Lord of the Rings.
- The plural of Oaktopus is Oaktopi, apparently, similar to what many use for the plural of "octopus".
- A group of Oaktopi is called a "rasp" of Oaktopi.
- This was confirmed in Episode #5 of MSM Live on 12-7-2018.
- The Oaktopus can be heard in the loading screen's song in the same tune as Plant Island's, but at a lower tempo and tone.
- In the My PomPom trailer, the Oaktopus' song can be heard.
- On Shugabush Island, the Oaktopus has two small green birds (resembling the birds that inhabit Plant Island) in a nest on its head. These were added in Version 1.3.2.
- In the game files Oaktopus is referred to as "Squidtree"
- Even if the Oaktopus is wearing a costume, it will still keep its birds on Shugabush island
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element