My Singing Monsters: Composer is an app released on April 25, 2018. It contains a variety of features that cannot be accessed in the normal Composer Island. It costs $4.49US to buy the app.
- A keyboard used to make composing songs easier.
- Unlimited songs the player can make.
- Provided seven songs as sample music
- The song named "Spring", which is based on the original Vivaldi piece. It plays in D Major.
- The song named "Plant Island", which is a rearrangement of the original Plant Island song.
- The song named "Cold Island", which is a rearrangement of the original Cold Island song.
- The song named "Air Island", which is a rearrangement of the original Air Island song.
- The song named "Water Island", which is a rearrangement of the original Water Island song.
- The song named "Earth Island", which is a rearrangement of the original Earth Island song.
- The song named “Ethereal Island”, which is a rearrangement of the original Ethereal Island song.
- You can put up to 5 notes in one place.
- Able to play offline.
- Notes for composing are like the ones on Composer Island.
- New descriptions for the monsters, with more reference to their musical style rather than primarily their biological description.
- Songs can go up to 128 4/4 bars instead of the original 64 4/4 bars.
- Dipsters can be composed too.
- Rares can also be used to expand the diversity of various timbres. Unlike the original game, Rares are available all-year round.
- Rare Bowgart uses pizzicato.
- Rare Deedge uses a synthesizer.
- Rare Noggin uses an udu drum.
- Rare Quibble uses a harpsichord.
- Rare Shrubb uses more beatbox sounds that resembles like the other sounds in the main game.
- Rare Pango uses sounds that resemble a shaker or a rattle.
- Rare T-rox uses high-pitched sounds that resemble the sounds in Air Island and Gold Island.
- Rare Pummel uses a taiko drum.
- Rare Thumpies uses a steelpan.
- Rare Riff uses an Electric Bass.
- Rare Clamble uses a Gong.
- Rare Shellbeat is the same as Regular Shellbeat but the sound has more reverb.
- Rare Congle is simply a lower pitched version of Regular Congle.
- Rare Drumpler is a snare drum with more loosened wires.
- Rare Reedling uses a bandoneon.
- Rare Scups is a wetter suction cup.
- A filter system to only show vocal, instrumental, or percussion monsters.
- An indicator, displayed as a green arrow, that shows which monsters' notes can be extended.
- Ethereals have now been added (each with their own sound).
There are some disadvantages when using My Singing Monsters: Composer instead of the original Composer Island. However, there are a greater number of advantages in the app than there are of disadvantages. Some of these disadvantages in this app include:
- Since only one monster of each type is assigned specific notes, only up to 5 notes of the same monster type can be played at a time.
- Monsters cannot be moved from their location to another on the island which restricts the side where the sound comes from.
- Because you only have one (or two) of each monster on the Composer Stage, that means that certain techniques (like echoing) cannot be used.
- Unlike Composer Island, My Singing Monsters: Composer has ambiance for the composing menu.
- Also unlike Composer Island, My Singing Monsters: Composer has no Glowbes.
- In My Singing Monsters: Composer you can use Dipsters, Rare Monsters, and Ethereals (have very different sounds).
- My Singing Monsters: Composer and My Singing Monsters Teaching Guide are the only MSM apps that cost money.
- Ethereal Monsters were added on May 14, 2019.
- At first, Dipsters would work like one hole with all the Dipsters inside, but then they made them separate.
- Composer is the only My Singing Monsters game that shows Dipster eggs.
- Composer eggs have an unique style, and may remember to how Jammer Splash characters look (with soft colors and silhouettes blended with the base colors).
- If a monster plays multiple notes at once, the monster will do its corresponding animation from the last note placed.
- MSM Composer had only been discounted once so far.
- TBAth-25th September 2019. Discounted from $4.99 USD to $2.99 USD.