Monster Elements (or simply Elements) are the distinguishing features manifested by almost all of the monsters in My Singing Monsters. Most monsters have one or more elements that define which Islands they can live on and the parents that are required to breed them. Elements are divided into classes, whose elements share the same breeding behaviors.
- Main article: Classes
The order of the elements (as visible on Monster info, etc.) is based on each elements internal representation. See table:
- The Seasonal Monsters were the first monsters whose elements were introduced after the monsters themselves. Before June 25th, 2016, they used to have no element at all.
- Kayna is the only monster that has different breeding behavior depending on the MSM game that it is in. This makes it, in a way, the only monster with two possible Breeding Classes.
- According to the in-game lore, the elements of the Natural, Ethereal and Supernatural Classes were created by their respective Celestials, at the beginning of Time.
- Dipsters used to have no elements, but have been given one since June 2017.
- some magical elements are extremely similar to symbols that already exist within the game, such as the psychic and bone element, which are "present" in the wubbox stockpille