|“||The eyeless Maw is a refined combination of Cold and Water elements. Its dense fur acts as a general sensory organ, and provides efficient insulation to maintain a liquid body interior. Maws are a little mouthy. Tonguey too.||”|
|— Monster Biography|
Maw is a double-element Monster that is first unlocked on Plant Island. It is best obtained by breeding Mammott and Toe Jammer. By default, its breeding time is 30 minutes long. As a Double Elemental, Maw does not have a high coin production.
Voice actor: Christopher Elliot
The Maw sings "deedee" or "dee" with its mouth, in an Alto key, often going to D♯/E♭4. Its sound can be easily distinguished among other monsters, and their contribution varies with each island.
The Maw also sings using syncopation, where it sings in a rhythm that is unusual to basic rhythms.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Maw:
- Pummel (requires level 9) ()
- Pango (level 7) (, , )
- Wild Bagpipe (level 7)
- Pipes of Cicado (level 10)
- Dragoon Statue (level 16) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
|Weekly Versus Match||40 (discounted)|
60 (full price)
|Always available||25,000 (discounted)|
37,500 (full price)
|Weekly Quest||20 (discounted)|
30 (full price)
|Season of Love Series||20|
Used in Breeding
|Maw is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Wublins and Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Maw eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Wublins and Celestials; active ones do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Monsters to which you have already disposed the number of Maw eggs that it accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Maw, see Monster Names.
- Maw’s name is a synonym of "mouth", and relates to the monsters' main physical trait.
- When a Maw is muted, its mouth moves to look like it is snoring.
- There was a bug where Maw's yellow spots disappear while it's in costume for Spooktackle; even the parts of its body that aren't covered don't show the spots.
- Originally, the Maw was going to have sharp teeth. This concept was revisted when making Epic Maw.
- The Maw's mouth appears to go farther into its body than its body's actual size.
- The Maw, Potbelly, Brump, Rooba and Gob are the only monsters that don't have visible eyes. However, its rare and epic counterparts have eyes.
- There is a bug where Maw’s mouth was floating when it was its part of the song on Air Island. This has occurred since late-March 2020, on around Version 2.3.8.
- A group of Maws is called a trouble.
- It appears the Maw's concept arms were used on the Pummel and Spunge.
- Maw is the 1st monster to have a 3 letter name, the others being Sox, Sol and Gob.
- Maw is one of the only monsters with a Breeding/Incubation time of 30 minutes, along with Drumpler and Fwog.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element