This class is divided into two very different subclasses:
- The original 2013 class, known as the Shugafam, which lives mainly on Shugabush Island;
- A special group of monsters called Werdos (added in 2017) which have nothing in common with the Shugafam at all.
Legendary Monsters are rare Monsters that can only be bred through specific breeding requirements. In addition, like Ethereal Monsters, Legendary Monsters have their own island. Currently, Legendary Monsters are only present on five Islands.
As of Version 2.0.0, the Shugabush can also be bred on Mirror Plant Island ().
At level 15, the Shugabush can be teleported to Gold Island (). However, the rest of the Shugafam cannot, due to "conflicts of interdimensional magic on Shugabush Island." It is unknown if this will change in the future or not.
This is a list of all of the Monsters that are affiliated with the Legendary element.
Note that the Monsters listed below can only be bred on Shugabush Island, with the exceptions of the Werdos and the Shugabush, of which only the Shugabush can be bred on Plant Island, Cold Island, Air Island, Water Island and there Mirror counterpart. Only the Shugabush may be teleported to Gold Island as well.
- All members of the Shugafam were inspired by singer Kristian Bush, and his country music duo, Shugarland, hence the "Shuga-" part of their names.
- There were unused Monsters called Lyriks, as seen in concept art from BigBlueBubble, but they were ultimately scrapped and replaced with the Werdos.
- Given that the Shugafam and Werdos both have a connection to the human world, it is possible that the legendary element represents connection to the human world.
- The Legendary Class has a case similar to the Supernatural Class. This is the fact that there are two different species of Monster for both Classes. Wubbox and Wublins for Supernatural, and Shugafam and Werdo for Legendary.
- The Legendary Class is also similar to the Mythical Class, as they have the same name for both their Class and Element.
- Legendary, the seasonal elements, and Dipster were the only canon elements in My Singing Monsters that do not have their own Celestials, until Mythicals were added to the mobile versions of the game and the Psychic, Faerie, and Bone Elements were introduced.
- That is, unless you count the possible normal and spectral elements.
- The Version 2.0.0 Update came with a graphical facelift and changed the element icons. The appearance of the Legendary element icon changed from to .