|“||The marvelous Larvaluss is far-flung from any large body of water... unless you count the sea of stars twinkling above in the sky of the Pocket Dimension! Still, it feels right at home on the Sanctum, where it revels in the company of its fellow Magical Monsters and uses its music to whisk them off to slumberland. What appear to be strings are actually nostril hairs extending from the nose of Larvaluss, which is hidden somewhere in the mess of 'furthers' on the back of its head. Tuning can be a bit of an issue when the Monster's sinuses act up.||”|
The Larvaluss is a caterpillar-like monster that is suspended on 8 stubby legs. It is blue in coloration, and is shaped like a harp. It has a claw-like growth, a "face" made out of what looks to be "furthers", and a single green eye. It also has a tail and, most notably, strings that attach from its tail to its nostrils, which are hidden behind its head.
Larvaluss uses its claw to pluck its strings to generate the sounds of the koto, the Japanese zither.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Shards per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness). Each monster also has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Larvaluss:
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Larvaluss is used in the following breeding combinations:|
The name appears to derive from a combination of "larva" and "marvelous". It may also include "Vellus", a type of hair, possibly referencing the hair it uses for its instrument.
- It was the first triple element to have 2 combinations unlocked when it was first released on Magical Sanctum.
- The Strings on Larvaluss are extending out from its nostrils, which are hidden in its feathers.
- During Episode 6 of My Singing Monsters: Fandemonium, Mammott stated that "a future undiscovered monster on a certain recently discovered island may hold the clue", referring to future Mythical Monsters. Larvaluss was the next Magical Monster to be released after this claim, though it was unknown as to whether or not the statement applied to Larvaluss in particular.
- It was later revealed that this was referring to G'day, who was not known about at the time.
- Larvaluss has some similarities to Humbug. They are both insect-like monsters who make the sounds of a stringed instrument.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element