|“||With a fire in its belly and inferno in its heart, the Kayna is always blowing its top in an eruption of joyful song. The juvenile Kayna is popular at parties, enthusiastically roasting marshmallows for everyone.||”|
|“||The seasoned Kayna's fiery nature is endlessly fueled by the interaction of the elements around it. A window into the deepest center of the Monster world, one look at the Kayna is a sure sign of what's going on under the surface.||”|
|“||This Kayna returned from the Prism Gate forever changed! Its volcanic head and rock-plated limbs have been altered at the molecular level become fungal outgrowth and ligneous arms and legs - extraordinary!||”|
The Kayna is a humanoid monster. As a baby, it is mostly brown, with yellow eyes, purple lips and eyelids, and a glowing orange belly. It has three spikes on each cheek, and a volcano-shaped head, hence their name. As an adult, it is taller and stands upright. Though it keeps most of its juvenile coloring, its cheek spikes are now pink, its arms and legs resemble hardened lava, and its belly glows brighter, while its hands and feet glow while it sings.
Overall, the prismatic Kaynas have fungal growths all over their bodies. Their bodies are also smooth and wooden instead of rocky and volcanic.
- Red Prismatic has white fungal growth on its neck and wrists. The eyes are fully white and the round mushroom has red spots growing on it. It is likely based off of the Hydnellum peckii, or the Bleeding Tooth Peck.
- Orange Prismatic Kayna has vines growing out of a hole in its chest. It’s eyes are beady, it has small slotted holes in it similar to nostrils, and the growth on its head looks similar to its hand on the side, being green on the fingertips.
- Yellow Prismatic Kayna has one eye, a small brown mushroom cap, and web like growths below the cap and on the wrists. It is likely based off of the Phallus indusiatus, or the Veiled Lady Mushroom.
- Green Prismatic Kayna has white growths on the wrists similar to red prismatic Kayna, and its head is similar to tree bark. It also has two small purple mushrooms on the side of its head.
- Blue Prismatic Kayna has three eyes, a few holes in its chest with blue stuff inside it, along with one on the back of the left leg, four blue mushrooms on the side of its head, white growths on the wrist similar to red prismatic kayna, and a Flower like headpiece.
- Purple Prismatic Kayna Has a growth ring around its neck, bracelet like growths on the wrist, and a big mushroom cap with orange striped spots. It is likely based off of the Amanita muscaria, or the Fly Agaric/Toadstool mushroom.
Voice actress: Sarah Parsons
The Kayna sings a soprano "Badadadum" on most islands, with the exception of Party Island. On Continent, it sings in a lower voice. It also sounds as if it is singing in a major key until more monsters join in. This changes as an adult, where in Party Island it sings "Come on over here!" in a soft, relaxing human alto voice, while in Cave Island it sings a distinct American-accented adult human female, singing "Bum badadadum badadadum badadadum bum bum".
As a single-element monster, the Kayna cannot be bred besides by failure of an unstable combination, so the easiest way of acquiring one is by purchasing it from the Market.
The Kayna will request food and/or non-food items that are the products of Structures. If you cannot give the monster the food or items it requires, you can click the New Order button. After a 15 minute wait, it will ask for a new combination of foods or other items.
When given the wanted foods or items, like any monster, it will reward you coins.
Kayna can be teleported to Cave Island when fed to level 20 for a reward of 4 diamonds, or Party Island for a reward of 2 Diamonds. Teleport time for Kayna is 7 hours to Cave Island and 5 minutes to Party Island.
During limited time events when Prism Gate is open and Kayna is available for transformation on Outer Islands, An Adult Kayna can be transformed into one of six different colored variants.
- Main article: Special Occasions/DoF
ChristmasFor Yay, the young Kayna wears a string of Christmas tree lights.
Kayna is an abbreviated version of the word Volcano.
- The baby Kayna gives the tutorial in Dawn of Fire.
- One of Kayna's specific names is "Vesuvius", which is named after a famous volcano in Pompeii.
- Another Kayna name is "Mauna", Hawaiian for "mountain". It is used in several Hawaiian mountain/volcano names, including Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa.
- In the Dawn of Fire code, Kayna is called "Kano".
- Its adult forms sound on Cave Island sounds similar to its sound in the original game.
- While moving a Kayna on any Island, it generates a trail of smoke behind it. The same also applies to Sneyser with its steam. Coincidentally, the two go to opposite Outer Islands (Kayna to Party and Cave, Sneyser to Space and Cloud). Similarly, the adult Candelavra produces a pair of bright flame as it moves, and also the Bakery and Candy Factory while producing crafting items.
- For some reason, Kayna’s voice gets Higher when it's an adult in this game than when it's a baby.
- In the original game, however, its voice seems to be just as deep as the baby forms.
|Monsters (Dawn of Fire)|