|“||This unknown species has been encased in amber for who knows how long! Let's see if the vibrations of the Tribal song can weaken its hold and release it! Now that you mention it, there's something familiar about this monster.. like it's been seen before, a long time ago...||”|
|— In-game description before unsealing on Tribal Island|
|“||No discovery has shaken the Monster World quite like that of the Kayna, and with its release, the rekindling of the lost Natural Element of Fire. After becoming reacquainted with its fellow Monsters, this spirited being had a lot of exciting stories and information to share, including remembrances of an earlier time when the Monster World was new and joined together in great harmony. The effect of the amber took quite a toll, though, so you'll need to keep the Tribal song alive by feeding your Monster if you want Kayna's voice to join in!||”|
|— In-game description after unsealing on Tribal Island|
|“||The ancient Kayna was long thought lost to an enigmatic event in monster antiquity. A solitary specimen encased in amber was rescued on Tribal Island. It's true, but only recently did a new generation of these beings begin to appear, beckoned by the mysterious call of Relics resonating deep within the world's volcanic core. Now this feisty Fire Elemental is ready to play its part in restoring the glory of its powerful Element in the Monster World.||”|
|— Kayna's Fire Haven, Fire Oasis, Psychic Island, Faerie Island, Bone Island, and Light Island description|
Kayna is a humanoid monster with a volcano-shaped head. It has overlapping rocks all over its torso and arms except in the stomach and hands region. It has hands that appear to be coal and a belly that glows in the color of fire occasionally. It has purple lips and eyelashes and red-violet spike-like objects coming out of its cheeks. Its hands and feet glow orange while singing. Smoke occasionally comes out from its head.
When this monster is idle, it puts its hands on its hips and moves its hips side to side, while puffs of smoke come out of its head.
"Mysterious Monster" is the name given to the Kayna when encased in amber. Its name is revealed once the player's Tribe reaches Level 100.
While sealed, Kayna looks relatively the same, albeit in a "trapped" pose. It is unknown why it assumed this posture prior to being sealed. Interestingly, Kayna's eyes are shown to blink when it is encased in amber.
- Audio samples:
Voice actress: Sarah Parsons
Kayna's contribution to the Tribal Island song is a repetitive song similar to the Furcorn or Tweedle, starting with "Bum badadadum" and repeats "badadadum" over and over again. It occasionally says "badadadah".
On Fire Haven, Kayna sings a tune similar to its song on Tribal Island. It plays alongside Tweedle, Cybop, Glowl, Flowah and Potbelly. It sings "dum badadadum badadadum, badada dum dum dum dum dum, badadadum badadadum, badada dum dum dum dum."
On Fire Oasis, Kayna sings a duet with Wynq after Tweedle and Glowl sing a duet. It sings "Dum diddly dum dum, dum diddly dum dum, dum diddly dum dum dum! Dum diddly dum dum, dum diddly dum dum, dum diddly dum dum dum."
On Faerie Island, Kayna sings in a way similar to its sound on Fire Oasis. It sings alongside Mammott and Boskus. It sings "Dum diddly dum dum, da dum duuuum. Dum, dum, diddly dum dum, dum duuuuuuuum."
On Bone Island, Kayna sings on its own at first, before being joined by Toe Jammer and Fwog. It sings "Bum badadadum bum bum badadadum bum bum badadabum bum bum badadadum" twice during its parts, with the second time sounding a pitch higher at the end than the first.
Kayna cannot be bred on Tribal Island, but it can be unlocked after the tribe has reached level 100. On the Fire and Magical Islands, Kayna can be bought for 10 Relics. Kayna can be bought from the Market or bred with an unstable combination between itself, and another monster.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Kayna:
- Floogull (requires level 9) ()
- Woolabee (level 9) ()
- TooToo (level 9) ()
- Oaktopus (level 9) ()
- Pladdie (level 9) ()
- Peckidna (level 9) ()
- Directions to Nowhere (level 9)
- Dragoon Statue (level 16)
- Floofy Nest (level 24) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Kayna is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Celestial Egg Consumption
While trying to breed other Monsters (particularly Monsters with a very low chance of breeding), the following Celestials can be used to "dispose of" Kayna eggs immediately instead of putting them into a Nursery and having that Nursery not be available.
|Monster Egg||Celestial 1||Celestial 2|
|15 eggs||6 eggs|
Note that bred Monster eggs can only be "disposed of" into inactive Celestial statues; active Celestials do not accept Monster eggs. Also note that inactive Celestial statues to which you have already disposed the number of Kayna eggs that Celestial accepts, will no longer be available as a "recycle bin" for such eggs.
To see how efficient Kayna is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
Kayna's original name was Kano, which is obviously is a shortening of Volcano. Its name may have been made feminine when a female voice actress was chosen to voice its lines.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Kayna, see Monster Names.
- Main article: Costumes
In December 2015, the Kayna put on some colored lights and danced with the Christmas spirit. This was repeated in all subsequent seasons.
- Kayna can be seen in Diane's visit to Big Blue Bubble.
- Kayna on Tribal Island is the only monster that cannot be muted. It can, however, be muted on Fire Haven, Fire Oasis, Light Island, Psychic Island, Faerie Island, and Bone Island.
- If the Tribe reaches level 100 while the player is on Tribal Island, then an animation will play, showing the Amber slowly cracking and eventually exploding, revealing Kayna.
- This can sometimes be seen when the player enters Tribal Island after level 100 is reached.
- The sound of amber being cracked open is introduced in the Version 1.4.0 update.
- During its tracks it may say either "badada", "dum" or "diddly", often.
- Kayna can now be Biggified because of the Version 2.2.4 update, which introduced Fire Haven. It still cannot be Biggified on Tribal Island. This may change in the future.
- Technically, Kayna is not a monster on Tribal Island. The game client handles it as a decoration. It may be changed in the future.
- As of the 2.2.4 update, Kayna is now fully a monster. Kayna can now be bought or bred on Fire Haven, Fire Oasis, Light Island, Psychic Island, Faerie Island, and Bone Island.
- Kayna has a different sleeping animation in the original game. It snores and shakes its head while doing so, while in Dawn of Fire it doesn't.
- One of Kayna's default names, "Caldera", is the name for a volcanic crater.
- Some of Kayna's default names are references to famous volcanoes; "Vesuvius" references the volcano of the same name in Italy, and "Mauna" references several Hawaiian volcanoes with "Mauna" in their names, as it is the Hawaiian word for "mountain".
- In the game "Jammer Splash", Kayna is a 'power-up'. Kayna will launch a bomb out of its head and destroy anything on the board in an area of 3x3.
- Kayna's voice actor voiced the trailer for Faerie Island as well as Kayna being in the island.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element