|“||Often mistaken for a PomPom that has expanded its traditional diet of exclusively red foods, the Hoola is actually a distinct creature. This doesn't stop them from getting along famously, and they share something of a sisterly bond. The Hoola is a born troublemaker, pulling pranks on other Monsters and using its special hoop to get up to all kinds of mischief. Luckily, a PomPom is usually nearby to help set things right.||”|
|— Monster Bio|
Hoola is a Seasonal Monster that celebrates the SummerSong season and is found on Air Island and Earth Island. It was added on July 16th, 2013 during Version 1.1.7. As a Seasonal Monster, it is only available at certain times. It is best obtained by breeding Pango and PomPom on both islands. By default, its breeding time is 1 day and 1 hour long. Although Hoola does not have good coin production when collecting once per day, when collecting multiple times it can rival other monsters on Air and Earth Islands, such as Ethereals or Quad-elements.
Hoola can either be teleported to Seasonal Shanty once fed to level 15 or bred at any time with the combination of any two non-Core Seasonals (Gobbleygourd, Clavavera, Viveine, Jam Boree, Carillong, Whiz-bang, Monculus, Ffidyll, Spurrit). It has the best coin production out of all common Monsters, and is only exceeded by Epic Yool.
Voice actress: Maggie Park
Hoola sings along with the PomPom to create a pleasant harmony. Hoola has a higher-pitched voice than the PomPom. Its chant is a variation of the PomPom's:
Air Island - Hey Nana Hey Nana Hey Nana Hey Low; Hey Nana, Hey Nana, Hey Nana Uh-Oh.
Earth Island - Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo, Yippite Yay Yippitie Yo Do.
Gold Island - Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo-o; Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yay, Yippitie, Oh.
Seasonal Shanty (Track 1) - Yippitie Yay; Yippitie Yo-o; Yippitie Yay, Yippitie Yo; Hoolala!
Seasonal Shanty (Track 2) - Yo Yo Yo! Yo Yo Yo! Hoolala! Oola-Hoolala!
Memory - Yippitie Yay
Hoola can only be bred for a limited time during the SummerSong season, as in the Northern Hemisphere or anytime in the Seasonal Shanty:
Seasonal Shanty: The Hoola can be bred with any combination of the following Monsters:
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Hoola, like all Seasonals are only available during their own season, a weekend Out-of-Season event (6 months apart) and the Anniversary Month Celebration. It is also available to breed at any time on Seasonal Shanty.
Breeding times vary in the years for the main iOS and Android versions:
- In 2013, the breeding began on July 16 and ended on August 19.
- In 2014, breeding or purchase began on July 9 and ended on August 14.
- In 2015, breeding began on July 15 and ended on August 19.
- In 2016, breeding or purchase began on July 15 and was available until August 15.
- In 2017, breeding or purchase began on July 14 and was available until 14 August.
- In 2018, breeding or purchasing began on July 11 and wass available until August 13.
- In 2019, breeding or purchasing began on July 17 and was available until August 19.
- Hoola was also available during an out of season event from January 11th to January 14th.
- In 2020, breeding or purchasing began on July 15 and was available until August 12.
- In 2021, breeding or purchasing began on July 21.
For other versions, this is different:
- For Windows players (via Big Fish Games), breeding or purchase began on July 11, 2014, and ended on August 14, a little later in the day than for app players. The Hoola was not made available for Windows players in 2015-2017, as the Big Fish Games version had shut down in 2018.
- For Vita players, breeding and purchase availability extends from July 1 to August 31 every year, based on the date set on the system.
NOTE: Hoola can only be bred or purchased during the available dates. Any Hoolas on Air Island, Earth Island, or The Colossingum that are obtained during that time will stay unless they are sold. However, Hoola can be bought or bred on Seasonal Shanty at any time, though it is discounted when it is available on other islands. It is also obtainable via weekly Scratch Tickets on Air Island and Earth Island.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Hoola:
- Tweedle (requires level 4) ()
- SummerSong Path (level ?) ()
- Tree Hut (level 17)
- Tree Forte Tower (level 17)
- Castanevine (level 18) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
- Main article: Costumes
DJ Epic Drip
75 (full price)
Used in Breeding
|Hoola is used in the following breeding combinations:|
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in Coins per minute and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness) and Monster Level. Each Monster also has a maximum amount of income it can hold at a time. Increasing the Monster's Level also increases this limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Hoola, see Monster Names.
- Hoola's name is derived from the Hula-hoop, that the monster is always twirling around itself.
- It is the only monster in the Pomily (PomPom, Hoola, Rooba, Sooza, and TooToo) to have one element.
- It is also the only monster in the PomPom Family (along with its Rare and Epic counterparts) to not be a triple element.
- it's also the only monster in the Pomily to be a Seasonal
- The breeding combo for Air and Earth Islands are the same.
- During the week of July 22nd to July 26th, 2013, a Facebook contest was held which awarded random users a free Hoola.
- The earning rate and max income numbers are the same as for the Congle.
- The Hoola was the only Seasonal monster that can be bought or bred on two islands.
- As of Nov 20th, 2019, Gobbleygourd also holds this title.
- When Hoolas sleep (i.e., are muted), they hula-hoop in their sleep, albeit at half-speed.
- The Hoola and the Yool are the only seasonal monsters that still cost 150 during the regular availability times.
- During the loading screen song, a high-pitched voice that sounds like the Hoola's voice can be heard or possibly might be Peckidna's.
- The Hoola sings along with the PomPom on Air, Earth, and Gold Islands.
- Apparently, the only reason Hoola is on Air Island as well as Earth Island is because PomPom is like a "sisterly" figure for Hoola. This was confirmed on a My Singing Monsters Live episode.
- In the Recording Studio, if one listens closely to Hoola's Air Island song, a very faint PomPom can be heard. This is probably a singing cue for the voice actress.
- Hoola, Rare Wubbox, and Whajje are the only monsters to say their species name.
- Leading up to SummerSong 2019, leaflets and decals to the mysterious DJ Epic was hidden in multiple posts. Rather than being Epic Hoola, it was revealed that DJ Epic was Common Hoola all along. In MSM Live #37 it was further explained that the trio of Common, Rare, and Epic Hoola together made up the artist DJ Epic.
- One of Hoola's concept arts features PomPom with a hula hoop. This can be seen here.
- Hoola is the only seasonal to share an island (Air) with another seasonal (Schmoochle)
- Its Out of Season month is typically December.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Single Natural and Fire Element
Epic Double Natural and Fire Element
Epic Triple Natural and Fire Element
Epic Quad Natural and Fire Element