|“||If you hear the cheerful gobbley-gobbley-goo-gobbley-gobbley-gah of the gobbley Gobbleygourd, prepare your tummy: you're about to feel stuffed! This overzealous Monster was so thrilled to find new friends moving in to Fire Haven that it seized the opportunity to finally kickstart the Seasonal Event of its dreams: Feast-Ember, a time for sharing in nature's delectable bounty. From Smunkin Pie to savory Turkey, crunchy Big Salad to toasty Bread, Gobbleygourd will see to it that you sample a healthy bite of each dish. Much like an excitable relation who's always coming up with new holiday traditions, the Gobbleygourd might seem a bit... intense in its Feast-Ember celebrations - but you can't help but play along!
This Monster, like all Seasonal Monsters, can only breed on the Seasonal Shanty.
|— Monster Biography|
Gobbleygourd is a green turkey-like monster with a large yellow beak, a red wattle and yellow eyes with green pupils. Its body is covered with leaves and gourds. It has yellow feet with black talons and brown tail feathers. Gobbleygourd also looks like a Thanksgiving dinner.
Voice actor: Unknown
The Gobbleygourd says "Gobbley Gobbley Gah, a Gobbley Gobbley Goo!" on both Fire Haven and Fire Oasis.
The Gobbleygourd has two songs on Seasonal Shanty, the first being "Gobbley Goo... Gobbley Gobbley Gah, a Gobbley Gobbley Goo!" and the second being "Gah, Goo... Gah..."
- For a list of when this monster has been available, see: Breeding Availability
Gobbleygourd, like all Seasonals are only available during their own season, a weekend Out-of-Season event (6 months apart) and the Anniversary Month Celebration. It is also available to breed at any time on Seasonal Shanty.
NOTE: Gobbleygourd can only be bred or purchased during the available dates. Any Gobbleygourds on Fire Haven or Fire Oasis that are obtained during that time will stay unless they are sold. However, Gobbleygourd can be bought or bred on Seasonal Shanty at any time, though it is discounted when it is available on other islands.
Earning Rate and Maximum Income
Earning rate is in coins per hour and depends on Happiness % (Likes increase Happiness), also each monster has a limit to how much income it can hold at a time. Increasing the monster's level increases the limit.
Each monster needs to be fed four times before it reaches the next level. Increasing the monster's level increases the coins earned per minute, as well as the maximum coins earned.
|The food per level table:|
More info can be found in the Feeding article.
Every monster has different things that they like. For every unique object that they like that's placed near the monster, the monster's happiness will increase by 25%. Placing more than one of the same liked item near a monster will still only increase its happiness by 25%. If there's a Unity Tree on the island, items don't need to be near the monsters. Below are the things liked by Gobbleygourd:
- Barrb (requires level 9) ()
- Whaddle (level 9) ()
- Feast-Ember Path (level ?) ()
- Smunkin Patch (level 11)
- Dragoon Statue (level 16)
- Ambered Thing (level 22) ()
See the Likes page to view a complete list of all monsters' likes.
Used in Breeding
|Gobbleygourd is used in the following breeding combinations:|
To see how efficient Gobbleygourd is at generating resources compared to other monsters check:
The name "Gobbleygourd" is a combination of gobble, gourd, gobble gourd (a type of gourd) and gobbledygook (gibberish).
Possible Monster Names
To see all possible names for Gobbleygourd, see Monster Names.
- Gobbleygourd's notes is one of the few monsters that keeps its vocals but changes pitch; for example, the Barrb.
- Coincidentally, one of its likes on Fire Haven is Barrb.
- It currently holds the longest Monster name at 12 letters, previously held by Creepuscule with 11 letters.
- Depending on how you pronounce it, Gobbleygourd could have 3, or 4 syllables.
- One of Gobbleygourd's Monster Names "Tophurkey" is a reference to tofurky, a vegan version of turkey made of tofu.
- Gobbleygourd is the only birdlike monster on Fire Oasis that doesn't play in the part with Tweedle and Glowl.
- Gobbleygourd and Jam Boree are the only Seasonal Monster that cannot currently be placed on Gold Island. This could be due to the fact that no Monsters from Fire Haven, Fire Oasis, or Seasonal Shanty can be there either.
- Gobbleygourd and Jam Boree are currently the only Seasonal Monster that don’t have an Epic form.
- Gobbleygourd seems to be in the art style of My Singing Monsters: Dawn of Fire.
- Gobbleygourd is the first Monster to start with the letters GOB. The second is Gob.
- Gobbleygourd's egg is one of the only Monster eggs to resemble actual eggs.
- As shown in the 2019 Feast ember trailer, Gobbleygourd cannot fly well.
- Also shown in the trailer, the Gobbleygourd had fallen into several decorations like pumpkins, which explains how those got there.
- It is the second Seasonal Monster without arms, the first being the Blabbit.
- Gobbleygourd, the Punkleton, and the Jam Boree are the only 3 Seasonals with names that have more than 2 syllables.
- Gobbleygourd was the first new Seasonal Monster added in over 5 years.
- It is one of 4 Seasonal Monsters who have a season that monsters don't dress up for. The others being Season of Love, Anniversary Month, and Eggs-Travaganza.
- It is the third monster to have leaves, despite not having the Plant element. The first is Punkleton, and the second is Rare Punkleton. If you don't count the eggs required to wake it up, then Brump and Maulch would be the third and fourth..
- For a short period on its release, Hawlo also shared this trait.
- It is the only seasonal to have the letter "G" in its name.
- Gobbleygourd, like all Seasonal Monsters, cannot be used for breeding outside of Seasonal Shanty.
- It is the first and, so far, the only seasonal monster on Fire Haven and Fire Oasis.
- Its egg looks very similar to Déjà-Jin's.
- It got a rare variant on May 26th, 2021.
- This makes it the only Rare Seasonal monster not introduced during its respective Seasonal event.
- It is currently the only monster on Fire Haven or Fire Oasis to be teleportable.
- It flies during part of its song on Seasonal Shanty.
- In addition to the different tone, Gobbleygourd has a track in which it doesn't repeat its own name in the Seasonal Shanty.
- Gobbleygourd appears falling in most trailers in which it appears.
Magical Double Element
Magical Triple Element
Rare Single Natural and Fire Element
Rare Double Natural and Fire Element
Rare Triple Natural and Fire Element
Rare Quad Natural and Fire Element
Rare Single Magical Element
Rare Triple Magical Element
Rarethereal Double Element
Epic Double Element
Epic Triple Element